Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Apple Music

Yowsah

I was on the verge of taking out an Apple music subscription when I read of problems. These centre around Apple car play automatically staying connected to Apple music resulting in music constantly being on. Music was also coming on when the car is started up. Apple support didn’t seem to have an answer to the problem just saying that this is what is meant to happen which is a bit strange. I was wondering if anyone has had any problems connecting Apple Music via bluetooth

No problems with Apple music and CarPlay. 

I believe if you leave the music running when you turn the car off, it may play again automatically after the next start but that’s what it’s designed to do. 

when you turn the car off, the music on your phone automatically pauses so it’s not running all the time if you leave it. 

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, sportse said:

No problems with Apple Music and CarPlay. 

I believe if you leave the music running when you turn the car off, it may play again automatically after the next start but that’s what it’s designed to do. 

when you turn the car off, the music on your phone automatically pauses so it’s not running all the time if you leave it. 

Yes to all these statements. Been using Apple music for years.  

Also. Apple music does not “connect to the car” it is connected to your appleid and phone/pad/mac, Apple music app is also downloadable on some android devices where you can log into it with said appleid  

the music app will behave the same way as it does when you have locally downloaded songs on the device. In addition to what @sportse has said there are couple of ways where the music will play automatically

1 if you initiate the music app before you get in the car , say you are already listening to music via headphones. 
2 if you have the music app open in the head unit (not displaying another car play option like maps) and playing then turn car off. it will play again when reconnected. 
3 using a “shortcut” automation script on your device… something along the lines of “when apple carplay connects play music” 

• Thanks 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links