Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Yaris Verso D-4D 2003 - Speedo reading 0 & stuck odometer

veg_

Hello all,

I'm in a bit of a desperate situation with my 2003 MK1 Yaris Verso. At the weekend I was driving and noticed the digital dash Speedo suddenly read 0mph and the odometer stop climbing. I zeroed the trip which worked fine then a few seconds later the whole display went blank.

I lost the digital display, ability to indicate (no relay ticking), fans, AC and electric windows.

Hazards, 12v, radio, headlights, wipers, etc were still working.

When I got the car home I pulled the 10A fuse for the digital display and noticed it was blown so replaced it. I switched the electrics on and the display came back to life but only for a few seconds before presumably the fuse blew again and this time I got a load of smoke from under the left of the bonnet (left side, right hand drive UK car).

It's gone in to a local garage today and I've been advised that the Speedo transducer is toast. It's a main dealer part at £295+VAT but to look on eBay, which I've done. The other issue is that the mechanic tells me it's fried a 3 pin multiplug, which I'd potentially need to head to a breakers yard to source.

The work sheet tells me that a Speedo transducer is required along with a 3 pin multi plug.

I require the vehicle for work (I'm a delivery driver) and am in desperate need of fixing it or sourcing another vehicle. As it stands, everything appears to be working bar the Speedo and Odometer which will need fixing asap.

Would anybody be able to point me in the direction of the parts required for my car, or if you're in or around Kent be willing to work on the car if this is your sort of thing? 🙂

There's never a right time for mechanical and electrical issues but this has come at a particularly tough time for me and I'm desperate to get it sorted and another weight off my mind.

Thank you for your help!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links