Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Aygo 2012 combined connector head unit

sheck wes

Hey there,

I recently got a 2012 Aygo and am looking to replace the head unit and Speakers. I have read a thing or two about the Aygo Fire having their dash and door Speakers wired in series. I am looking putting in new separate wire to both dash and door Speakers

However while looking at what I’m working with I see that my OEM head unit has a combined connector of 3 separate connectors. From my knowledge the one ISO is for the speakers and one for the power. What is the white connector for? (see pics)

Many thanks!

IMG_6249.jpeg

IMG_6250.jpeg

IMG_6252.jpeg

that is known as a quadlock connector iirc the adapters are listed under Peugeot/Citroen

Connects2 CT20CT02

the Speakers are wired in series as they are 2 way components, a tweeter in the dash (with cross-over) and mid/woofer in the door, do not rewire them - upgrade them with 2-way components, the Aygo is only a small car

what is your budget? single or double din ??

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, flash22 said:

that is known as a quadlock connector iirc the adapters are listed under Peugeot/Citroen

Connects2 CT20CT02

the speakers are wired in series as they are 2 way components, a tweeter in the dash (with cross-over) and mid/woofer in the door, do not rewire them - upgrade them with 2-way components, the Aygo is only a small car

what is your budget? single or double din ??

Thanks for your reply!

Good to know. When I look for adapters however I don't see that white connector included that is visible on the pictures I provided. Do you have a clue what that might be for?

I will have a look at component Speakers instead. Can I assume there is a crossover in those components or is that something I have to wire in myself?

I think I'm looking for something around the €100/85GBP mark so likely 1-DIN. I'm happy as long as it has decent bluetooth connectivity. 

You can wire the Speakers your self or use the existing wiring

radio wise, pioneer MVH-420BT or 330DAB (if you want dab)

Speakers on a tight budget

Pioneer G-Series TS-G170C

add a sheet of sound deadening behind the door speaker and on door (where the speaker mounts) something like a silent coat 2mm door kit will do both doors

1 hour ago, flash22 said:

You can wire the speakers your self or use the existing wiring

radio wise, pioneer MVH-420BT or 330DAB (if you want dab)

Speakers on a tight budget

Pioneer G-Series TS-G170C

add a sheet of sound deadening behind the door speaker and on door (where the speaker mounts) something like a silent coat 2mm door kit will do both doors

Once again thanks for the reply!

I was looking at a set of JBL Club 6500c, they come with crossovers. 

I just purchased the JVC KD-X282BT.

Thanks for the tips on the sound deadening material!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links