Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Spooky!

Haliotis

The night of the collision which demolished the Francis Scott Key bridge in Baltimore, I was watching the film Final Destination 5, which I had recorded some while before on my TV box.  Early in the film it shows a bridge in course of repairs by maintenance crews, and a passenger on a bus travelling across the bridge has a premonition of it starting to break up and collapse, and moments later it happens for real.

Eerily, the film has a close resemblance to what happened with the Baltimore bridge, except that, thankfully, the Baltimore incident happened during the night.   But what made me decide to watch the film on that particular night?   As I said, Spooky!!!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Hi Albert, It's very interesting when this subject crops up on just how many people have had similar unexplained incidents and sometimes they stay with them all their lives. It's possible to dismiss this as just a coincidence, but how many people had perhaps recorded the same or a similar type of disaster film and decided to play it either on that day or a couple of days before this bridge collapsed?

Now some may say it was a sign from above but that puts into question what relevance does that have to you. Others will say it was giving you a message or it was meant to have such an effect on you that you just had to post it on this forum, which by doing so others will recant their own unexplained stories.

I posted last year about knots that keep appearing on our window blind pull cords that can't happen unless they are physically tied by someone. Well as only my wife and myself live here and as much as we both love a laugh and a windup, there is no way we would do this. 

Now this isn't just one blind it's every blind at different times. The knots are sometimes two or three in a row or some are double knotted on each other and if you tried to recreate these knots yourself it would take some time to do. Despite untying these knots on numerous occasions (which take ages), they always come back.

Now how do I rationalise this, does it scare us? well from previous experiences I understand where this is coming from but not the reason why.It doesn't have to actually mean anything, it may be just so you can post this and as I said, others will tell their own stories. The last word I will say on this is just keep an open mind about this sort of thing as one day you really will be amazed at what does exist.:smile::alien:

• Like 1

Queue x files music 👀👻 🛸

• Haha 1

I more or less agree with you, Bob.  Although I was brought up in the Christian Faith, I follow Christian principles but am an agnostic.  Whilst I cannot myself claim to have experienced any significant “happenings”, members of my family have told of things which cannot be rationally explained.  I don’t blaspheme or mock any of the religious faiths, but I do get uncomfortable if a pious person pushes their faith at me in a forceful manner that indicates I am expected to accept and believe everything they say.   I have found that denying their faith only results in further dialogue of just how wrong I am, so I quietly let them ramble on until they run out of steam.

• Like 3

I am usually highly skeptical of the "unexplained" it usually turns out that there is a perfectly rational or scientific explanation.

But there is an old coaching Inn at a nearby village that is reputedly haunted, and often being passed in the early hours by a coach and four driven by a headless coachman.

I for one believe this to be a fact, due to the repeated and consistent appearance on the bar of every third pint being unarguably headless.

• Haha 4

Whilst most of us probably treat stories of the paranormal with scepticism, when in his teens our son told us of an incident which is difficult to dismiss.

He was working in a music shop located in the old centre of Leicester, on the corner of what is Guildhall Lane.  In olden times, these tall buildings had top floor attics which were occupied by servants.  He was told to fetch a stereo unit from a store room which was on the top floor.  Going into the room, behind the door he saw a young girl dressed in old fashion clothes, and she was sitting with her arms wrapped around her knees. As he said something like, “what are you doing here?” She faded away.

He rushed out of the room and down the staircase.  But, as he entered the shop ghostly white, before he could utter a word, the shop owner said to his partner, “he’s just seen the little girl”.  Now that takers some explaining - and now in his 60s he still has vivid memories of that encounter.

• Like 1

Albert, there are thousands of stories of unexplained paranormal experiences, IMO I think people either dismiss it as it scares them or they do not want to consider an existence outside of their own reality.

It's funny really people all over the world pray in accordance with their own beliefs but the concept of others actually experiencing a spiritual or paranormal event is too much for them to actually contemplate. :alien1:

It's just coincidence. There are hundreds of thousands of bridges around the world and billions of people. A large proportion of those people (a couple of billion) will have seen media depicting bridge collapses.

The chances of someone watching such media at the time of the incident or recently are so high as to be almost certain. Especially a franchise as popular as Final Destination.

The human brain is also hardwired to look for patterns as a survival mechanism. It's not paranormal. It's just statistics and biology.

Quote: “It’s not paranormal. It’s just statistics and biology.”

Andrue, at one time i would fully agree with you - as I previous said, I am an agnostic. But our son’s experience - not the only one - has made me think more deeply.

When we were going on holiday, our son (then a teenager) did not want to go, so our next door neighbour with whom we were great friends, said he could stay with them.

He was keen on building Airfix kits and, one night when all had gone to bed, see sat at the breakfast room table working on one of his models.  Suddenly the cat went crazy, and he noticed a misty cloud forming in the armchair opposite him.  He rushed out of the room and sat halfway up the stairs for rest of the night.  We came home next day and, when he told us, we said not to tell the neighbour in case it worried them.

At a later date the woman of the house, who did outdoor work as a machinist, was working late at night (in the same breakfast room) when the others had gone to bed when “something” scared her.  She would not talk about it, but her husband told us this:   She suddenly ran upstairs and woke her husband. She had left the lights on and her machine running, but would not go down stairs again, and her husband had to go down and switch off the machine and the lights.  She would never be alone at night in this room again.

I have spent all my life in engineering, and consider myself a  practical person, and that everything has an explanatory cause-and-efffect.  But in cases like this I am not ready to brush them aside as normal, simply hard to explain occurrences.

• 2 weeks later...

I certainly believe that you should always keep an open mind on the unexplained. In the vastness of space and dimensions it really would be naive to think that nothing else exists except for this one small planet and us.:alien1:

• Like 1

OK, a recent example of ESP.

Grand Daughter in Netherlands had an important interview on the 4th April.  On the 30th I was wondering how she would get on.

Ten seconds later a message popped up on WhatsApp asking me to find and email a page of notes she had left.

She must have been typing as I thought.   Coincidence,  definitely,  or was there something else?

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Roy124 said:

OK, a recent example of ESP.

Grand Daughter in Netherlands had an important interview on the 4th April.  On the 30th I was wondering how she would get on.

Ten seconds later a message popped up on WhatsApp asking me to find and email a page of notes she had left.

She must have been typing as I thought.   Coincidence,  definitely,  or was there something else?

There are thousands of stories linked to ESP and unexplained phenomena.One example people who had booked a ticket on planes or trains and decided at the last minute not to travel. The plane or train crashes killing either everyone on the plane and many on a train. Now is that just coincidence or fate. What made them change their mind at the last moment.

No doubt you will probably tell your granddaughter when you see her or mention it by email. Is it coincidence or perhaps a thought that linked across time.Open mind always.:smile:

• Like 1

I think there was a band due to travel open the Lockerbie plane, but their agent had found them a new gig at the last moment.  I wonder if they had nightmares of how close they were to extinction?

• Like 1

A host of A-list celebrities were due to board the doomed Pan Am Lockerbie plane but did not make the flight, claims a new documentary.

s*x and the City star Kim Cattrall, s*x Pistols front man John Lydon and Motown legends Four Tops were all meant to be travelling on the jet which blew up over the small town of Lockerbie in Scotland.:alien:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links