Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2013 Camry shifts but only jerks at 2k rpms

cmonzon21

So my 2013 Camry shifts but only moves when I get it to 2k rpms and that's only a ***** movement 

Hi Christopher,this can be a common issue in automatic transmissions. If the clutch is worn or damaged, it won't properly engage, causing the engine to rev high 2k RPMs without transferring power to the wheels effectively causing a weak movement.

Shifting problems could be an issue with the transmission's internal components or its control system, preventing it from engaging gears properly at lower RPMs.a possible worn torque converter. Insufficient fluid can also lead to internal friction and difficulty engaging gears.

You could try a scan tool it may show throw up some codes.IMO I would get a garage to check it. Avoid high revs while reaching 2,000 RPMs it might get you moving, but it puts additional strain on the transmission. Try to minimize this as much as possible. Hope this helps.:smile:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links