Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Multimedia set up

MaltaMick

Just purchased new corolla gr sport and cannot connect my Samsung a12 to multimedia. It only pairs to bluetooth. Tried my wife's phone and same problem.

is it a fault with Samsung ?

Smart connect ? Android Auto is Wired only iirc, but there are workarounds

• Like 1

thanks Bob. 

been back to garage to sort out a couple of things and they tried again to connect my phone without success. he checked it wasn't a car problem by connecting his iPhone. didn't offer any other solution though. any thoughts ?

In my opinion, testing the car with his iPhone doesn't rule out that there may be an issue with the car connecting to an Android (Samsung) phone.

This is like me going to the Doctor complaining about a medical problem and then letting the Doctor run tests on another patient before telling me there's noting wrong with me.

I would take it back and ask him to see if it connects to another Samsung (or Android) phone rather than an iPhone.

• Like 1

On 3/31/2024 at 4:52 PM, flash22 said:

Smart connect ? Android Auto is Wired only iirc, but there are workarounds

Android auto is wireless on my MY24

Make sure your phone is up to date and the AA app is installed both your phone and radio need to be setup correctly

14 hours ago, Corolly Poly said:

Android auto is wireless on my MY24

which phone are you using ?

1 hour ago, flash22 said:

Make sure your phone is up to date and the AA app is installed both your phone and radio need to be setup correctly

AA app - ????

AA=Android Auto

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MaltaMick said:

which phone are you using ?

S23 Ultra

thanks for all replies. just tried connecting with cable and hey presto it worked. the only problem with it is i can't get radio to work.

Did the radio work prior to plugging into the Car via Android Auto & USB?

On a couple of forums Samsung seem to indicate that radio support (which usually requires a 3.5mm jack connected set of head phones to work due to the cable being the antenna) is not supported as an App any more on that model of phone. 

1 hour ago, MaltaMick said:

i can't get radio to work.

What do you mean by “radio” ?
Can you get DAB or FM radio working via the headunit, independent of AA ?

yeah without my phone connected i was getting DAB on the car system, but with phone wired to multimedia no access to radio option

I have a similar query on a new Yaris Design I just picked up. I have registered the app and it has bonded to the car (shows status etc). However, the "Link Multimedia" option doesn't do anything when tapped?

Also, on the MyToyota website portal where it gives an option to "Register my multimedia", it doesn't show the option for Touch3, which the latest Yaris has. Are these issues related? I can connect to Android Auto via bluetooth OK, but am I missing out on any functionality by not "Registering"/"Linking" multimedia? Otherwise I am not sure why these link/register options are there if it connects via bluetooth anyway?

Screenshot_20240407_062847_DuckDuckGo.thumb.jpg.8566905e25e5f64f01badb1680dfeefd.jpgScreenshot_20240407_062917_DuckDuckGo.thumb.jpg.f0c66cb4447b917bddbf996a1db9c7a1.jpg

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links