Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Aygo Clutch fork return spring

Damo Aygo

Hi all

I’m fitting a new clutch in my 61 plate petrol Aygo, it has a return spring on the clutch fork arm inside the bell housing, it looks like the spring is broken. The bell housing casting has a nice little groove in it next to the clutch arm, I’m assuming that the spring should sit in the groove- does anyone know if that sounds correct?  Also what the part number is for a replacement spring ? Cheers! Damian 

Hi Damian,You're correct, the clutch fork return spring usually sits snugly within a groove on the bell housing casting. This groove keeps the spring in place and ensures it applies proper tension to the clutch fork arm.While replacing the spring, it's a good idea to inspect the clutch fork arm itself for any wear or damage.

You may have to contact Toyota dealership's parts department regarding a new spring, they will be able to give you a part no.You can also try a good parts retailer who may also be able to supply the spring.

Hope this helps :smile:

Thanks for the replies on this, it looks like this spring is just to put tension on the fork, so the full spring turns with the shaft and doesn’t contact the bell housing. Thanks for the part number Parts King, although there is a Citroen dealer next door to my work so I’ve just ordered the equivalent part from them, £6.40, for information the Citroen part number is 1607880180

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links