Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Second Key Fob

MikeyJo

I have a 66 Plate Estima Petrol with only one key fob. I have a second un-programmes fob. Anyone know how I can get it proggrammed without de-activating the first fob?

Estima Fob.jpg

Hi Mike, You can try this method as I have read that it works on a number of Toyota models. If not then you will have to get ot programmed by a Toyota dealer or a good locksmith.

Close all doors and ensure they are unlocked.

Insert the key into the ignition cylinder and remove it within 5 seconds.

Close and open the driver's door twice within 40 seconds.

Insert the key into the ignition cylinder and remove it within 40 seconds.

Insert the key into the ignition and close the door.

Turn the ignition switch from LOCK to ON and back to LOCK at approximately 1-second intervals until you hear the door locks cycle (usually within 3 seconds).

Remove the key from the ignition.

Press and hold both the LOCK and UNLOCK buttons on the key fob simultaneously for up to 1.5 seconds.

Within 3 seconds, press the LOCK button on the key fob for more than 1 second.

The door locks should cycle once to confirm successful programming. If they do not cycle, repeat steps 9 and 10 within 40 seconds. Hope this helps.:smile:

Not sure if the Petrol model has an ignition barrel? Hybrid only has a Start button, and need to use TechStream or similar to program it (programs the Estima to accept that unique additional key in addition to any existing registered key  ie doesnt actually program the key itself).
Their are some people who can do it, for a reasonable (but still significant) fee.

I will be having the same issue soon, as need to get a 2nd key fob at some point.

See also a recent post here "New 2013 Estima owner - Spare Key Programming?"

On 4/3/2024 at 4:13 PM, Stephen29 said:

Not sure if the Petrol model has an ignition barrel? Hybrid only has a Start button, and need to use TechStream or similar to program it (programs the Estima to accept that unique additional key in addition to any existing registered key  ie doesnt actually program the key itself).
Their are some people who can do it, for a reasonable (but still significant) fee.

I will be having the same issue soon, as need to get a 2nd key fob at some point.

Thanks, Stephen. Makes sense. My Estima does'nt have a key barrell. I've been warned about the risk of de-programmng the existing fob. Cost has to be less than not having any.

Mikeworking key at all

On 4/3/2024 at 12:27 PM, Bper said:

Hi Mike, You can try this method as I have read that it works on a number of Toyota models. If not then you will have to get ot programmed by a Toyota dealer or a good locksmith.

Close all doors and ensure they are unlocked.

Insert the key into the ignition cylinder and remove it within 5 seconds.

Insert the key into the ignition cylinder and remove it within 40 seconds.

Insert the key into the ignition and close the door.

Turn the ignition switch from LOCK to ON and back to LOCK at approximately 1-second intervals until you hear the door locks cycle (usually within 3 seconds).

Remove the key from the ignition.

Press and hold both the LOCK and UNLOCK buttons on the key fob simultaneously for up to 1.5 seconds.

Within 3 seconds, press the LOCK button on the key fob for more than 1 second.

The door locks should cycle once to confirm successful programming. If they do not cycle, repeat steps 9 and 10 within 40 seconds. Hope this helps.:smile:

No key barrell in my motor but thanks anyway, Mike

No key barrell in my motor but thanks anyway, Mike

Hi Mike,well it does help if you have a key:smile: it seems a dealer or techstream to do this. You could try phoning around a few locksmiths on the off chance they have the software to program the fob:smile:.

• 2 weeks later...

I had a second fob programmed and the key cut by a mobile locksmith. He also supplied and cut a second key for my wife's Aygo recently. I think programming only was about £90

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links