Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Toyota Yaris - P0016 Error Code

Stourbridge yaris

Hey there!

I've come across the error code P0016 for the crankshaft position-camshaft position correlation bank 1 sensor A. I'm hoping someone on the forum could lend a hand and advise me on what the error relates to. Do you think it's as simple as changing the sensor, and if so, where is it located?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Toyota Yaris .jpg

ToyotaYaris.jpg

HI Waseem, the P0016 code indicates a problem with the connection between the crankshaft and camshaft positions. The timing chain is responsible for synchronizing the rotation of these two components. If the timing chain is worn, stretched, or damaged, it can cause the crankshaft and camshaft to be misaligned. This misalignment disrupts the timing of the engine cycle, which is detected by the crankshaft and camshaft position sensors and throws the P0016 code.

A faulty CKP or CMP sensor on Bank 1 (which typically refers to the cylinder bank containing cylinder number 1) can send incorrect signals to the PCM, it's possible that damaged or loose wiring related to the crankshaft or camshaft sensors can also disrupt the signal transmission.

The Diagram below shows the position of the sensor its a 2007 but the position should be the same.Hope this helps.:smile:

https://www.autozone.com/diy/repair-guides/yaris-2007-camshaft-position-sensor-repair-guide-p-0996b43f81b3d975

• Like 1

Thank you so much for your detailed explanation.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links