Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Alarm system

Clerkie

Hi on my 23 Yaris, if my dogs are in the car when I lock it how do I turn off the interior movement of the alarm system.  I believe it can be temporarily disabled until the car is unlocked and locked again.  Also how do I turn off the alarm altogether?

Is there not a switch by the rear view mirror/interior light with a symbol of a car/wave - this disables the interior sensors whilst the car is locked. Turning the alarm off permanently isn't a good idea, as, if the car was broken into with the alarm not working, your insurance would be void.

Thanks I’ll take a look.  To be honest I only noticed yesterday that the car has an alarm and don’t know if it has been enabled by the dealer.  If it hasn’t i won’t know how to enable it.

Once done, how would I manage if my smart key fob failed and I needed to open the door.  I’ve read conflicting reports that using the metal key would switch off the alarm but others say that it doesn’t stop the alarm going off.  If that is the case how would I switch the alarm off if the smart key doesn’t work?

there are no internal microwave sensors the alarm works on the door switches

if the fob fails use the emergency key, get in the car place the fob near the start button, and press the start button

You can, I believe, disable the alarm going off if you use a manual key in the door, but it's a dealer setting. Calista software doesn't have this function in its tweaks.  I have a non e-key so stopping the alarm is insert key into ignition and turn on.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links