Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Just bought a 2020 Rav4

Hadrian1

After doing a lot of head scratching and watching umpteen reviews, we bought a 2020 Rav4 Dynamic.

It was a toss up between this and getting a Lexus NX300h.  Our local dealer had a number of used

Rav4's to look at, so that's what we went for.  Trading in our 2015 IS300h.

My first impressions are very good, and I don't understand why so many people grizzle over the infotainment system. 

I  managed to select my most used DAB stations and put them in favourites, and Android Auto works fine for the navigation.

Our other car is a 2021 Yaris, so a lot of the features are the same, or very similar.

I wonder what sort of MPG I should expect ?,  being someone who is pretty light on the loud pedal.

9 hours ago, Hadrian1 said:

I wonder what sort of MPG I should expect ?

The published WLTP figure is a pretty good guide. You don't say whether it is FWD or AWD.

As you will be aware, having a hybrid Yaris, actual consumption is very dependent upon journey type. Mine will sit at 47 mpg cruising at 70 mph on the motorway. 45-50 mpg is a reasonable hope / expectation for an AWD ...

• Like 2

Mine is averaging 46.7mpg according to the display, this is mainly local driving with the occasional slightly longer trip. On a longer ~200 mile plus run it'll do 50-60mpg with no problem. Worst case was mid 30s on a longer run with a bed on the Roof Rack, shows the importance of aerodynamics. 

Colin 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, philip42h said:

The published WLTP figure is a pretty good guide. You don't say whether it is FWD or AWD.

As you will be aware, having a hybrid Yaris, actual consumption is very dependent upon journey type. Mine will sit at 47 mpg cruising at 70 mph on the motorway. 45-50 mpg is a reasonable hope / expectation for an AWD ...

It's AWD, I was under the impression they all were now, with just the older models having the option of 4WD.  My Yaris is averaging  "an indicated" 63mpg

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Hadrian1 said:

It's AWD, I was under the impression they all were now

As you will note, @ColinB's is a FWD - they really ought to call them RAV2 to make things clear. 😉  

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

42 minutes ago, ColinB said:

Mine is averaging 46.7mpg according to the display, this is mainly local driving with the occasional slightly longer trip. On a longer ~200 mile plus run it'll do 50-60mpg with no problem. Worst case was mid 30s on a longer run with a bed on the roof rack, shows the importance of aerodynamics. 

Colin 

Indeed. When the MPG of a car is calculated, or the range of an EV is quoted,

It'll be for a vehicle with just the driver.  Most of my short trips around town I will be using the Yaris as it's easy to park. The Rav will be for slightly longer trips.

• Like 2

Mpg also very much dependant on weather/temperature, etc 

• Like 1

Congratulations, its a great car the Rav. Fuel economy will be dependent on style and roads. I went from mid 60's in my Corolla hybrid to 49-53 mpg in the Rav dependant on journey, roads and my mood!

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Hybrid21 said:

Mpg also very much dependant on weather/temperature, etc 

Where you live in the Uk as well!!!! The hills here in Devon aren't the best for economy.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Terry10 said:

Where you live in the Uk as well!!!! The hills here in Devon aren't the best for economy.

If I drive down into the village - only a couple of miles - I might well see better than 70 mpg for the trip. On the way home I'm just as likely to see no better than 20 mpg - we have hills in Wales too and I live on one. But the average is still around 45 mpg ...

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links