Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Dashboard covers

Hadrian1

I wonder if anyone here has a dashboard cover for their Rav4  ?    

I've just ordered a full width one, whereas in the past I've just made one up for the drivers side. 

I don't see many people using them. They are great for reducing glare in the screen,  stopping a

head up display of the dashboard in sunlight. They also help to stop the inside of the screen getting greasy.

Never had a problem with this in my RAV. Given how little the sun shines in the UK it seems a bit pointless. 

Never had my dashboard reflect the sun onto either myself or my windscreen. 

Isn't that a bit like having your new three piece suite shrink wrapped?

• Haha 2

The dash is made from very soft faux leather like material that doesn't reflect any sun, not sure you need this.

• Like 1

I was quite surprised how hot the YC dash became.   Heat on the dash and parcel shelf was significant on Cyprus.

In the 70s, pre-air con, people used to lay white towel front and rear.  Another extra,  looked very smart, was venetian blinds on the rear window, the slats were fixed.

If you think it's something you don't need fair enough.

Next time the sun is shining put a piece of black material on the dashboard in front of you.

I can guarantee you'll see a big improvement in forward visibility.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Hadrian1 said:

Next time the sun is shining put a piece of black material on the dashboard in front of you.

I wonder if the driver's eye level has any influence on the view of the reflection.

Never had a problem with this in the RAV. Personally I would wait and if it is a problem for you only then invest in such a cover. 

5 hours ago, Flatcoat said:

Never had a problem with this in the RAV. Personally I would wait and if it is a problem for you only then invest in such a cover. 

It's not a problem specifically with the Rav4.  It's an issue with most car's I've owned.

The covers aren't expensive. The one I ordered is about £17

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links