Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Yaris cross door edge protectors

Chas G

Has anyone fitted edge protectors to the front doors on their yaris cross that they could recommend.

Drivers door of my car has a few chips on the edge and rather than use touch up paint I would like to fit some nice rubber straps.

Thanks Chas

IMG_20230926_171845.thumb.jpg.a07e5061decc92f1648e16b010e99b10.jpgFitted these to my car, not the rubber strips. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Chas G said:

Has anyone fitted edge protectors to the front doors on their yaris cross that they could recommend.

Drivers door of my car has a few chips on the edge and rather than use touch up paint I would like to fit some nice rubber straps.

Thanks Chas

Hi, Yes I do,this with all my cars and my Yaris Cross is the latest. I fit the Metal insert "U" channel type rubber. From Fleabay and not expensive. I found it is so easy to fit with no sticky tape to use either. The U shape grips well and does not come loose or mark the car. Fit the first bit, then as you unroll the channel fit in place as you go "tapping"with a rubber mallet. When you reach the end of the required length, pull an inch or so off, cut across with sidecutters or pliers, remove the last two metal inserts with pliers and fit  the finished end with a tap. This ensures no sharp edge to catch the paint. I do all doors up to window height and as far down as required, the boot lid too. Doesn't take long. Measure the length in total you will need with a tape ensuring enough and buy at least that length and depth/width required. There's lots to choose from so don't just go for the first you see. I have used Black as my Cross is a deep blue with Black/Grey interior, but various edge colours are out there. It works too.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Tyfan said:

I fit the Metal insert "U" channel type rubber. From Fleabay and not expensive.

Thanks John, What was the description of the item you got, I tried searching but wasn't sure which you'd used.

2 minutes ago, Gren said:

Thanks John, What was the description of the item you got, I tried searching but wasn't sure which you'd used.

I think that it was probably this one... Pity it only seems to be available in black.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/15/2024 at 3:42 PM, Gren said:

12M Car Door Boot Edge Protector Strip Trim U Shape Guard Seal Rubber Black UK

£8.74
Sold by:
Hi, this is the one I used. and was enough for all doors from window down to the plastic bottom plus the boot lid with smeleft.thesize shown is important as a wider diameter won't grip so well and you can see the metal inside bits I referred to. I hope it helps. Sorry I didn't see your query sooner. John.
  • Like 1

On 4/15/2024 at 3:42 PM, Gren said:

Delivered on Tue 31 Oct
Return window closed on 30 Nov.
£8.74
Sold by:
  • Like 1

On 4/29/2024 at 6:48 PM, Tyfan said:
Delivered on Tue 31 Oct
Return window closed on 30 Nov.
£8.74
Sold by:

This was the one I used. As I wanted black "U" shape I didn't look for other colours but saw others on different sellers., the diameter for the door thickness and depth, were the important bits and of course getting enough length for the car. The price was good too. As the Cross has the plastic door bottoms I didn't fit it on that, only the painted edges. So far nothing has moved and I'm happy.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links