Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Hazard Warning Switch Illumination

dannyboy413

I noticed a few weeks ago that if I depress the Hazard Warning switch, it does not light up, although all the indicators flash. Should it be illuminated when in use? (All my previous cars had an illuminated switch which flashed in time with the indicators). I know I have had the car for nearly a year, but never noticed this before. If it should illuminate, I will mention it when I go to the dealer on Wednesday for my front mud flaps fitting - after waiting since day 1!

• Like 1

I don't think mine lights up either, but I must admit I'm not 100% sure as it's not something I pay attention to - Normally I just hit it reflexively without looking at it (Can't do that with a touch screen! :laugh: )

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Cyker said:

I don't think mine lights up either

Don't know if my Mk3 does either. But both indicators in the binnacle flash, so it's fairly obvious what's going on.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I was at the dealers this afternoon and mentioned it to the girl on reception who said she would ask, (she did not get back to me). Whilst waiting, I was in and out of a lovely black C-HR and found that that vehicle does not have an illuminated hazard warning switch. Maybe Toyota are saving a few more pennies? 

59 minutes ago, dannyboy413 said:

Maybe Toyota are saving a few more pennies?

I'm fairly sure I've had cars that did flash the button, but it's not something I've really ever thought about. I don't often use them.

Cost-wise you need to remember mark-ups and (profit) margins. By the time those pennies have gone through Toyota actual, Toyota [country you are in] and the Toyota dealer they are probably £/$/€ on the price of the vehicle.

I can confirm the hazard switch in mine does not light up!

Come to think about it I don't think it did in any of the Yaris models I've had so probably normal...

• Like 2

Never saw it flashing in mine (Mk.3 or 4). I have seen it in other cars, though.

On my old MK1 Yaris,the button definitely flashes in time with the indicators.

I notice this every time that I park on double yellows or a pedestrian crossing when I use the hazards for safety.

• Haha 5

Maybe more importantly, the button should be backlit with the lights on so you can find it in the dark. I assume it is?

• Like 1

Rhymes with Paris said: "On my old MK1 Yaris, the button definitely flashes in time with the indicators."

My 1999 Mk1 1.0 CDX did not have a flashing button, it was just a plain grey button with the red triangle printed on it.. It is the button immediately to the left of the recirc slider. None of the Yaris's I have had the hazard switch flashes on, thats the T reg Mk1, 06 reg Mk2 and the 64 reg Mk3.

P1020947.JPG.c777909ee2bb1f7ec224d20595975858.JPG

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links