Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Anybody used this OBD reader?

amron

Hi, I've purchased this Chinese obd reader. any experience with it? is it suitable to use with my 2012 NSP130 Yaris?

Thanx. 

obd.jpg

obd1.jpg

17 minutes ago, amron said:

Hi, I've purchased this Chinese obd reader. any experience with it? is it suitable to use with my 2012 NSP130 Yaris?

Thanx. 

obd.jpg

obd1.jpg

I think I might have asked that question before purchasing it.  

• Like 2

Obd adapter almost all will work with your car, what is more important the app and software , what you can read and reset. I personally use Carista and I think these are very good one. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, anchorman said:

I think I might have asked that question before purchasing it.  

Right, but it was sooo cheap....

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, amron said:

33 minutes ago, TonyHSD said:

Obd adapter almost all will work with your car, what is more important the app and software , what you can read and reset. I personally use Carista and I think these are very good one. 

I'm asking because I've seen somewhere that there are readers that might cause damage to the ECU, so I want to make sure that it's OK. do you use the same device? 

5 hours ago, amron said:

Probably worth exactly what you paid for it then...

I have tried all sorts of OBDII adapters over the years (5 in total) and the cheap Chinese knock-offs are the worst of the lot for actual performance and compatibility.

I've learnt that it doesn't pay to cut price when buying such an adapter. Carista (as has already been mentioned) and OBDLink are the best available but you won't like the price (apparently...). 

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, CPN said:

I've learnt that it doesn't pay to cut price when buying such an adapter.

I've learnt that apples to any tool that isn't a use once and bin it item. Buy cheap, buy twice, or thrice, or ... fource?

• Like 5

You might be ok but the chances of you finding someone on here that’s used it are slim, we’re tool snobs as a rule. If you spike the ecu it will suddenly morph from very cheap to very expensive, remember the old term, “junk in, junk out”.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, anchorman said:

You might be ok but the chances of you finding someone on here that’s used it are slim, we’re tool snobs as a rule. If you spike the ecu it will suddenly morph from very cheap to very expensive, remember the old term, “junk in, junk out”.

That's why I've asked. I don't intend to blow the ecu. as I've mentioned, I bought it as a whim and I wanted to know if it had been used.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, MikeSh said:

I've learnt that apples to any tool that isn't a use once and bin it item. Buy cheap, buy twice, or thrice, or ... fource?

Old Chinese proverb, bitterness poor performance last longer than sweetness of low price.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

It might well function as a basic code reader. I have a bluetooth connected, app. based Battery tester from that same brand which works perfectly well and has not fried anything.

e.g.

Screenshot_2024-04-20-10-31-57-317_com.jiawei.batterytool3.jpg

• Like 4

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links