Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Under the top radiator plastic cover above the horn....

mikmikmikmik

I took that cover off, not very professionally but what I see underneath disturbs me a little bit. I'll put a pic on here when my new clips arrived cos I don't want to take it off again ATM.

Anyway while looking into the engine from the front, on the passenger side, there is a hole where one of the plastic clips goes into. This hole is in a metal bracket and the metal bracket paint is all bubbled, I reckon cos there is rust underneath the paint. It does not look like the cover was rubbing against the bracket because all the blue paint is still there. No-one would ever notice this unless they were replacing something on the front of the car. Surely this should not be, and could tis be a warranty claim against the paintwork?

If not waranty claim then I will have to scrape it when the cover is off again, and put kurust on it and then paint it with a thick paint, or even push a foam piece between the plastic cover and the bracket,but as I said, it didn't look like it was rubbing.

• Sad 1

The paint and surface rust warranty is 3 years from first registration, so 2020 car would be outside the warranty. 

• Like 3

Hi Michael, it sounds like a warranty issue for rust. With the amount of problems you have posted with this car I am surprised you haven't taken it back and asked for you money back. Its only 2020 and you should not have had so many problems.:sad:

• Like 1

5 hours ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

The paint and surface rust warranty is 3 years from first registration, so 2020 car would be outside the warranty. 

Oh for pity's sake.

Anyone that's got the clip remover should check under their car's cover in case of rust there too.

What do you like about the car? 

On 4/20/2024 at 6:53 PM, Chuffmonkey said:

What do you like about the car? 

It's a Toyota. I am hoping it's so reliable that'll be the last car I ever buy before I shuffle off :)

Who'd have thunk it, had to wait for new clips to arrive before I could take it off, but turns out the code is 53289-02070 (532802070)

I glued it with CT1 and gaffer tape. I'll see how that works out before buying a new one.

20240422_154558.jpg

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links