Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Audio Off on Start

bellamongoose

Hello!

I've had my Aygo since about September (finally got used to the clutch!), but when I got in this morning to go to work, it wouldn't play any music from my phone. Satnav was working fine, just music. When I got to work I turned it off and on again, but it said Audio off when I turned it back on. Tried playing in the settings but couldn't find anything that would cause it. Does anyone here have any clue?

Hi Bella, sometimes these problems occur but it isn't clear exactly what causes them. It sounds like there might be a connectivity issue with your Aygo's audio system.Check the physical connection, make sure that your phone is properly connected to the car's audio system via USB or bluetooth. Sometimes, loose connections can cause issues.

Restart your phone, rebooting your phone can sometimes resolve connectivity issues by refreshing the connection between the phone and the car's audio system.

Check audio settings In the car's audio settings, make sure that the volume is turned up and that the correct audio source (e.g., bluetooth or USB) is selected.

Have you tried reconnecting your phone via bluetooth or using a different audio source to see if the issue is still there. Sometimes a  reset of the connection can help solve these kinds of problems. I am not sure if this will work on your exact model but you can try this as it lists this method online.

Press the Menu button on your audio system.

Navigate the menus using the arrow buttons on your steering wheel or the audio unit itself. Look for options like Settings, System, or Setup.

Once you find the relevant menu, look for options like Reset, Factory Reset, or Master Reset.

You might be prompted to confirm the reset. Be aware that this will erase all your saved presets, settings, and paired Bluetooth devices.

If you have your owners manual it is worth having a read it may well give you the reset procedure in case the above doesn't work. Also check if any software updates are available. Hope this helps.:smile:

• Like 1

I had this problem, turned out to be the app on my phone just needed resetting. 

• Like 1

Does the radio work? If so it points to phone connectivity or the app.

I prefer to store music on a USB stick. I have a 64 GB formatted to fat32 and when I rip a CD I change the album art to 500x500 pixels, this then allows album art to show on the touch screen.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links