Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Map settings

Edgie70

Hi all , quick question about the navigation, should this be set to internet ?

20240423_082318.jpg

You'll get far better info/updates if set to Internet but that will only work if you have provided an Internet connection to the head unit. 

For instance I have my phone connected via bluetooth and have bluetooth tethering enabled to share the Internet from my phone. 

24 minutes ago, trashman1965 said:

You'll get far better info/updates if set to Internet but that will only work if you have provided an Internet connection to the head unit. 

For instance I have my phone connected via Bluetooth and have Bluetooth tethering enabled to share the Internet from my phone. 

Thanks for your reply, my phone is connected via bluetooth as well , would it use my 5g / 4g off my phone for internet? 

Yes...in settings on my android phone I make sure bluetooth tethering is on (this is for android and for some reason phone restarting defaults this off each time).

You may need to go into the bluetooth settings on the headset itself to make sure Internet is enabled against your phone along with phone calls and messages.

So if I put on bluetooth tethering and the Toyota internet I should get internet for the car map updates 

Is there a way to test that head unit is using the Internet through the phone? Weather forecast or something?

You should get any traffic updates... That was the screen you showed? 

That said you can download map updates using bluetooth tethering 

5 minutes ago, fred88 said:

Is there a way to test that head unit is using the Internet through the phone? Weather forecast or something?

Good question 

5 minutes ago, trashman1965 said:

You should get any traffic updates... That was the screen you showed? 

That said you can download map updates using Bluetooth tethering 

Yes sorry , I meant traffic updates , my bad 

9 minutes ago, Edgie70 said:

Good question 

You can test by going to online services and connecting to Toyota - same login details as the mytoyota app and Web page. You will need it signed in to get traffic or other online services. 

If you've not signed up previously, be aware that the head unit has difficulty with passwords that have special characters. Exclamation mark works but many others don't. 

17 minutes ago, fred88 said:

Does your head unit have a web browser?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links