Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

C-HR GR-Sport MY22 connected services available

DaveCG

A couple of months ago I purchased a 22 plate C-HR and so far I am enjoying the experience except the connected services.

I installed the MyToyota app on my phone and all seems OK but can someone please advise what connected services should be available.

All I can do is look at the car staus, warning lights, Service and maintenance and hybrid coaching.

The connected services are showing as active but I thought there were remote control and climate available.

I have tried resetting the multimedia system and removing and re-adding the car back to the app but nothing else appears.

I asked at my local dealer but the answer was 'we see this quite often' and e-mailing Toyota got no responce.

Could someone please confirm what should be avaiable.

Thanks,

Dave

Hi Dave. With the C-HR, and the MyToyota app, that is about all you get. You can also go into the notifications page and see if your doors are locked and windows are closed. Nothing more I'm afraid. You are seeing exactly what I see with my C-HR GR Sport.

For C-HR owners, the app is pretty useless.

Hi Bob and thanks for the reply.

If that is the case then yes it seems useless.

Before I got the car I though the days of going out on a frosty morning and defrosting the car were over thanks to remote climate but it looks as though I better keep my gloves for next winter.

I have discovered the Navibridge app to send routes to the navigation system and that seems to work but really only usefull if you drive regularly to unknown destinations.

Also I couldn't see how the map updates work - all you get is a message to speak to your local dealer.

When I log in to my account on the Toyota web site there is something called 'MapCare Toyota - MM21 Map Care rule for free service' for free map updates till 2029 but the information on how to install it refers to an older multimedia system.

I think I'll ignore the so called smart stuff and just drive the car!!

Dave

17 hours ago, Big_D said:

Hi Dave. With the C-HR, and the MyToyota app, that is about all you get. You can also go into the notifications page and see if your doors are locked and windows are closed. Nothing more I'm afraid. You are seeing exactly what I see with my C-HR GR Sport.

For C-HR owners, the app is pretty useless.

Current My Toyota app doesn't even show the status of the tailgate 😅

Remember the first generation C-HR is built on a much older platform so the hardware just isn't compatible with all the fancy bells & whistles the latest Toyota products enjoy with the My Toyota app. 

7 hours ago, DaveCG said:

Also I couldn't see how the map updates work - all you get is a message to speak to your local dealer.

When I log in to my account on the Toyota web site there is something called 'MapCare Toyota - MM21 Map Care rule for free service' for free map updates till 2029 but the information on how to install it refers to an older multimedia system.

A 22MY C-HR will have the Smart Connect system ( unless its an Icon spec ) & Smart Connect uses live mapping data via the DCM.

The map update you refer to is just the base mapping update which the system will use as a back up when it cannot get a data connection - only one update for this has been released so far that I know of.

Toyota Smart Connect Plus Map Update Autumn 2022

IIRC if you scroll down on the install instructions it should have another section that shows how to install it on your MM21

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links