Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Door speaker cables

French Auris

Hi All.

I`m in the process of upgrading my sound system but I need your help if possible.

I want to run some cables into the doors (F&R) via the rubber cable boot. I know I could drill into the cable block but I am running 2 2.5mm cables to it will be quite a struggle to go through the cable block, is there another way, IE, take the speaker cable behind the "B" pillar  and disconnect it from the main loom and add my cable to the speaker cable behind the "B" pillar trim, if so, what colour cable am I looking for ? (Photo added of this area)

For the front door it is more than complicated as there is a large connector block in the way for me to get to the rubber boot, is there again a place I can take the speaker cable before the rubber boot, same as the rear doors, 2 x 2.5mm cables , if so, what colour cable and location ? (photo added again)

Obviously if there is a place I can connect to the speaker cable before the rubber boot then only one 2.5mm speaker cable will be connected as I will run the Passive crossovers in the doors and not the boot.

Thanks in advance for any help here.

IMG_20240417_193138.jpg

IMG_20240417_194929.jpg

IMG_20240417_193347 (1).jpg

Any takers? 

• Like 1

Hi Graham, the best person for this question would be @flash22 Hope this helps.:smile:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Message me for the schematic.

Patching wires up to the door connector block defeats the objective, as it still goes through the thinner, more flexible, relatively higher resistance wire.

Im not an audiophile so wouldnt know the difference. Just an electrical perspective.

Running thick wires through the front rubber gaitor is tight and could be prone to breaking with frequent open close of doors. Just my thoughts.

Another option would be to drill through metal and run a separate gaitor for these wires.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, solero said:

Message me for the schematic.

Patching wires up to the door connector block defeats the objective, as it still goes through the thinner, more flexible, relatively higher resistance wire.

Im not an audiophile so wouldnt know the difference. Just an electrical perspective.

Running thick wires through the front rubber gaitor is tight and could be prone to breaking with frequent open close of doors. Just my thoughts.

Another option would be to drill through metal and run a separate gaitor for these wires.

Thanks for a reply.

All the Pros go through the connecting block, normally just got to drill where there are no connectors, push the cables through and all should be good. 

TBH I can`t see a problem with cables breaking, they are flexible.

As you can see in the photos I put, the front door rubber boots are a Sh*t to get to so maybe i`ll leave that to a Auto electrician but the rears I think I can do ok.

Don`t think drilling more holes and a new rubber boot would be a good idea but who knows.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links