Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Avens is 2012 2.2d

Ze Ajeel

Has anyone experienced the problem that I facing ?The rpm and the speedometer fluctuating when I accelerate above 40/h  .

the abs , slide and breaking system lights flashing in the dashboard,

The problem disappeare when I press on breaking pedal and start when accelerating.

here a video demonstrating;

Hi Ajeel,its possible a couple of issues could cause these problems a faulty wheel speed sensor,this sensor transmits data on individual wheel speed to the car's computer (ECU). A malfunctioning sensor can send erratic signals causing the fluctuations and trigger warning lights. The temporary disappearance of the problem when braking could be due to the sensor providing more consistent data at lower speeds.

Other Possibilities could be a ABS module malfunction, Less likely, but a faulty ABS module could disrupt communication with the wheel speed sensors and cause similar symptoms.Loose electrical connection, this is also a possibility, but the braking related disappearance suggests a sensor issue might be more likely. If you are looking to fix this yourself then I would consider replacing the wheel speed sensor, If it confirms a faulty sensor, replacing it is a common repair for this issue on 2013 Avensis model. Also try to observe the braking feel, does the brake pedal feel normal or spongy? A spongy pedal could indicate a separate brake system issue.

Watch the warning lights, do they come on immediately after accelerating, or is there a delay. This information might help to diagnose the problem.Hope this helps.:smile:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links