Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Flashing light on keyfob

Primus1

First time I’ve noticed this but there was a little red light flashing on the keyfob when we got out of the car, not sure if this is normal, or if it’s the keyfob Battery ( cars not a year old yet) , I gues I’ve never seen it bef as it’s always in my pocket as I use keyless entry…

It lets you know when the car and fob are communicating with each other. Best to keep it in a Faraday pouch or box in the house so they don’t communicate (and help preserve Battery life, and to prevent anyone scanning your key).

• Like 3

I think it blinks when it's in communication with the car - Mine starts blinking when I get near it.

I don't know if it has different blinks for different things though! :eek: :laugh: 

• Like 3

My MK3 does it as well. Just when near the car, probably when it turns the interior light on and the touch lock/unlock is active.

• Like 4

Ah thanks guys, as I said, it’s always in my pocket so have never noticed it before, I was giving the key to the mrs so she could unlock our house door, will have a look in the morning, just for curiosity…

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links