Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Toyota assist

Primus1

Am I right in thinking the Toyota assist only lasts for 1 year from date of purchase and I have to organise my own breakdown service after that..?

That's what I was told when I bought my Yaris second hand from the dealer.

• Like 1

Yes - new Toyotas come with 1 year Toyota Assist membership from first registration. Has been the case for a number of years.  Renewal - Toyota Roadside Assistance | Owners | Toyota UK

• Like 2

If you have a service contract you will continue to get roadside assist

16 minutes ago, dash said:

If you have a service contract you will continue to get roadside assist

Varies - depending which Toyota you have.

• Like 3

You should get a renewal letter a month or so before it expires, but if you prefer a different recovery firm or can get similar cover from insurance/bank/work etc you can change.

• Like 3

That’s what I liked about ford, you could renew each year  if you had your car checked/serviced at a participating dealership, can’t remember what it cost, but it was cheaper that the AA ect…

• Like 1

My son who owns a Yaris hatchback gets 3 years roadside assistance after taking out a service plan.  I have the same service plan but I only got 1 year roadside assistance with my Yaris Cross.  

• Like 2

10 hours ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

Varies - depending which Toyota you have.

I am getting a MY24 YX this summer and will get a Service plan and 2 years cover. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Primus1 said:

That’s what I liked about ford, you could renew each year  if you had your car checked/serviced at a participating dealership, can’t remember what it cost, but it was cheaper that the AA ect…

You can get exactly the same with Toyota EXCEPT you don’t need to have had the car service !!    Just pay the renewal.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Graham47 said:

You can get exactly the same with Toyota EXCEPT you don’t need to have had the car service !!    Just pay the renewal.

And it's still the AA.

• Like 1

I've got the MX5 (1993) with

Driver Guardian

Full coverage for a 32 year old car at less than £90 with the 10% renewal discount.

They also do multicar cover and one where if you are the driver or passenger in any car, it's covered.

• Like 1

I needed last than a year's cover and got full cover, including EU for less than £20.  I only expected to need it for 6 months.

• Like 1

The price for the cover you get is good value and last couple of times I checked, cheaper than going direct to the AA. You could of course go with a budget or free recovery that some insurance policies include, but some are very basic and may even just give the ability to call but then have a fee.

They changed a while back to include breakdown with service plan. Just had to renew mine as I want cover until the new car arrives, but no longer an option to transfer. Did this from previous two cars so while current car was September, cover ran for 20 months from new as I had renewed previous car.

Service plan does though also include first MOT cost as well as 3 services and breakdown plus some protection from inflation. 

Edited by trashman1965
Autocumber playing up today
  • Like 1

The standard Service Plan renewal is for 12 months with no pro rata reduction or transfer to another vehicle. 

However if you have a full 3 year maintenance plan including MOT you should get cash back or balance transfer if you change your car early. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, trashman1965 said:

The price for the cover you get is good value and last couple of times I checked, cheaper than going direct to the AA. You could of course go with a budget or free recovery that some insurance policies include, but some are very basic and may even just give the ability to call but then have a fee.

They changed a while back to include breakdown with service plan. Just had to renew mine as I want cover until the new car arrives, but no longer an option to transfer. Did this from previous two cars so while current car was September, cover ran for 20 months from new as I had renewed previous car.

Service plan does though also include first MOT cost as well as 3 services and breakdown plus some protection from inflation. 

I decided the 3 year plan was decent value. Would have cost about the same to buy the included services and MOT separately (disregarding inflation) but inclusion of breakdown with EU cover made it a deal for me as I travel to southern Spain a few times a year. 

• Like 4

11 hours ago, Jimota said:

My son who owns a Yaris hatchback gets 3 years roadside assistance after taking out a service plan.  I have the same service plan but I only got 1 year roadside assistance with my Yaris Cross.  

It does seem to vary - Last time I enquired about it at my dealer it was just a way to pay off the service and lock you in; No complimentary roadside assistance, no discount for MOT, nothing.

It certainly varies. Never had any discounts or anything before. With OHs new Yaris they put monthly price in front of us, we were happy but wanted to pay upfront and they gave us 10% discount. Happy with that.

• Like 1

Why does every market have different terms? Here in Ireland it is -

"When you buy a new Toyota, you get our Toyota 3 Year Service Care Pack as standard, which includes 3 Years Warranty, 3 Years Servicing and 3 Years Roadside Assistance."

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

With the current service plans (service plan plus), where the plan includes MOTs and roadside assistance, those costs are included in the price (see terms and conditions below):

https://www.toyota.co.uk/owners/servicing-and-aftercare/service-plans/service-plan-plus-pricing

toyota-service-plan-plus-t-cs-january-2023.pdf

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, dannyboy413 said:

Why does every market have different terms? Here in Ireland it is -

"When you buy a new Toyota, you get our Toyota 3 Year Service Care Pack as standard, which includes 3 Years Warranty, 3 Years Servicing and 3 Years Roadside Assistance."

Toyota Ireland is not owned by Toyota (Toyota GB is), and is a private, family owned company.

From Toyota Ireland's website:

"Toyota ireland is a 100% owned Irish company. Established by the Mahony family in 1973 to import and distrubite Toyota motor vehicles and forklift trucks to the Irish market.  During the past 47 years Toyota Ireland has firmly established the Toyota brand as a household name in Ireland and continues to be a market leader today."

So presumably, Toyota Ireland are free to offer what they see is attractive for their market.

• Like 3

Incoming Guinness partnership?? :confused1: :laugh: 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I appreciate all that Mike @FROSTYBALLS , but it would make life a lot simpler if Toyota stated that a model would be available with two/three engine variants and three levels of trim. I have lost count of the number of posts that refer to a specific problem and I realise that the problem does not affect me because I have an Irish version. I am, (probably/possibly), going to the dealers tomorrow to order the new C-HR. The spec's I am looking at are for the 'Sol' trim, which appears to be very similar to the UK 'Excel' trim, but when I look into it further, there will no doubt be something on the 'Sol' trim that is not available on the 'Excel' and something available on the 'Excel' that is not available on the 'Sol'. Why does it have to be so complicated? :confused1:. Or even better, supply a 'basic' model with a list of 'add-ons' to choose from.

• Like 2

No different to other manufacturers where specs vary from market to market.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dannyboy413 said:

Why does it have to be so complicated?

Who said it should be easy?

Bear in mind that different trims and options affect emissions, safety features, insurance ratings, tax bands, etc, as well as average customer requirements. Those can be different in different countries, so the national company selects a set that meets the local regs and they think covers 80% of their customers desires.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links