Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

New CHR no heated steering wheel on any CHR in UK

Trev S

Hi, have a brand new 2024 CHR Excel but has no heated steering wheel. However if you look at the European spec (see photo) it does. Has Toyota UK been left out in the cold?? Why when it was on the older pre 2023 model Excel. I noticed that this is ALL the UK range including the gold special. 

I suspect the steering wheel placed in the car has the electric elements, but no wiring.

Anyone any ideas why???

Screenshot_20240429_124759_Facebook.jpg

• Sad 1

Hi Trevor,It looks like from online that the heated steering wheel, previously offered on the pre-2023 Excel model, is no longer included in the standard or optional features for the 2024 UK range. This omission could be due to various reasons, like cost cutting measures, prioritising other features, or market research suggesting lower demand in the UK.You can check the official Toyota UK website's specifications for the 2024 C-HR Excel. Contact a Toyota dealership directly and ask about the heated steering wheel's absence.Unfortunately, since it's not an officially supported feature, modifications to enable a heated steering wheel aren't recommended. This could affect your car's warranty etc.Hope this helps.:smile:

Down to each importer to decide what spec it wants to sell in their market. So presumably Toyota GB have decided not to include a heated steering wheel in the C-HR  specs for the UK.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Bper said:

Hi Trevor,It looks like from online that the heated steering wheel, previously offered on the pre-2023 Excel model, is no longer included in the standard or optional features for the 2024 UK range. This omission could be due to various reasons, like cost cutting measures, prioritising other features, or market research suggesting lower demand in the UK.You can check the official Toyota UK website's specifications for the 2024 C-HR Excel. Contact a Toyota dealership directly and ask about the heated steering wheel's absence.Unfortunately, since it's not an officially supported feature, modifications to enable a heated steering wheel aren't recommended. This could affect your car's warranty etc.Hope this helps.:smile:

Thanks for that. Have had a word with them. They were surprised they were not included. In fact I spoke to the manager, and they have complained to Toyota, as they have lost 10 potential sales due to this omission. So over 3 million in lost sales.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Trev S said:

Thanks for that. Have had a word with them. They were surprised they were not included. In fact I spoke to the manager, and they have complained to Toyota, as they have lost 10 potential sales due to this omission. So over 3 million in lost sales.

Which may help future owners in the longer term, but not future owners in the short term or current owners.The

A matter of checking the specs when ordering.

Probably be added when they refresh the new model in 2-3 years time. Also maybe they don’t think it’s cold enough in U.K. to warrant it 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

That is crazy for a 40k car which they have had it in previous years. What are they thinking? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Trev S said:

I suspect the steering wheel placed in the car has the electric elements, but no wiring.

It won't be, the UK spec steering wheel will be the much cheaper non heated type.

You MAY find the dash is already wired for it.

Would need at least the switch, relay, rotary switch / squib unit plus the heated steering wheel for a retrofit. 

• Like 2

CH-R spec is odd for such an expensive car. Excel has electric memory seats, can be ordered with HUD, but the heated steering wheel and automatic closing doors are missing.

• Like 2

Can I join the Frozen Excel club? :unsure:

• Haha 1

The heated steering wheel is not available for the Irish market neither.

• Like 2

Ah yes Ireland, I guess like Toyota UK they thought that balmy tropical sun-swept isle surely doesn't need heated seats or steering wheel either! :confused1: :laugh: 

I have heated seats. As an aside @Cyker , I think you meant to put 'rain-swept' not 'sun-swept'.  😊

• Haha 2

It was left out of my Lexus UX 22model and has only just been put back in on the 24 model. I got a sunroof instead in my pack, but that's the way the Japanese have always done things, going right back to the days of Betamax and then on to VHS. Whatever model you got, there was always something missing that was on another model, be it cheaper or dearer.

It was a game played by Sony that brought about doubt and subsequently their downfall. They're not a patch today as they were in the late seventies 

• Like 1

Sadly the heated steering wheel has been omitted throughout the CHR model range in the U.K.  I’m guessing the Lexus variant, when it arrives, will have it 🤔.  No doubt Toyota U.K. will argue that the ability to start climate control remotely with the Toyota App will partly negate its removal, I disagree ☹️

Only one it's available on in Ireland is the PHEV gr. 

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links