Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Change gps radio unit to a newer model from yaris cross

takis1964

Good evening. Has anyone tried to change the yaris 2023  8 gps radio screen with the wireless  9 from yaris cross.

The difference in the wiring from what I read is in the green connection that does not exist in the cross and has been replaced with a flat form

Does anyone know what the green plug does?

I found a photo from the internet to which device the flat plug is connected

s-l1600 (1).png

TOYOTA-YARIS-CROSS-RADIO-NAWIGACJA-86140-YP032-Numer-katalogowy-oryginalu-86140-YP032-86140YP032.jpg

s-l1600 (1).jpg

s-l1600.png

s-l1600 (2).jpg

The upperscreen is for the Touch 2 Go system and is the screen installed in the Yaris Cross with City Pack.

The lower screen is from a Smart Connect system.

I can't help with the green plug except to say the 8 inch screen and 9 inch screens are different  with different mapping on the 9 inch and it is not compatible with the City Pack.

It is not clear to me to which screen the green plug device belongs.  I see the green plug was made in June 2021 and the other in May 2022.

the green plug is GV (Gigabit video) used on the Touch2 gen3 for a sat nav module, the smart connect does not need this as it is purely a AA/CP radio

9" screen will require the front bezel and possibly the rear trim, otherwise, it is plug and play, you may require the dcm connection cable tho

yes the Yaris does get the smart connect on some trim levels

• Thanks 1

Mine doesn't have a map, I only want it to connect to an external CarlinKit TBOX

my device is the same from 2000 to 2023 and had wires android auto and buttons

The frame fits perfectly as do the screws, only the green plug has been replaced with another one. Someone put it on another forum, it just didn't have a moving map and any information. I assumed it would be about the connection to the GPS unit

edited my post above

why would you need the CarlinKit TBOX on a smart connect (MM21)

there is no GV green socket on the smart connect, it does not have a GV connection at all - GV is only used for the factory sat nav

the Touch2 only has wired AA/CP so you connect the CarlinKit TBOX via usb

i use CarlinKit TBOX as standalone android device with sim card inside

if  the green plug is only for the gps, that won't interest me since I have the tbox 

I found that the flat plug of the yaris cross is for the sos phone

MODUŁ TELEFONU SOS 86740-YP010 TOYOTA YARIS IV P21 2020

s-l1600 (3).jpg

s-l960.jpg

I had the second unit in your photo in my Aygo X Exclusive, I did REALLY like the wireless connection to AA and ACP and I do miss it, but the compromise for me going from Wireless to Wired is the 360 cameras option on the first unit in your photo which I know have in my Yaris Cross Premiere Edition,  It makes parking so much much easier and I have to plug my phone in anyway to charge it, so in my case, better all round for me.

• Like 1

As I stated above

you may require the dcm connection cable

the Black box is the DCM, the cable is a USB connection - the small plug is data and the 5-pin plug is 5v power

the cable will plug into your existing DCM

the 9" smart connect was an option from 2021 onwards on the normal yaris

• Thanks 1

Το πράσινο καλώδιο 3 ακίδων από την παλιά μονάδα είναι το ίδιο με τη νέα μονάδα 5 ακίδων (3 ακίδων). 

αν κόψω το παλιό βύσμα και το συνδέσω σε 5 pin, το αποτέλεσμα είναι το ίδιο??? 

My car dont have city pack, no maps, only radio, hybrid  Battery charge and Consumption indicator

DCM - Data communication module

it's part of the SOS system

No

the green plug is gigabit video and is used for navigation, the smart connect does not have this you do not need this connection

the white 3 pin plug is USB data only, the 5 pin connector with 3 wires is power for the USB - the touch 2 does not use this USB connector, but the smart connect does

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for the help
I have another question
if I buy the dcm module  86800-0D010 together with the 9 radio, I earn something, or is it useless?

s-l1600 (3).jpg

s-l1600 (1).jpg

On 5/5/2024 at 7:13 ΜΜ, flash22 said:

επεξεργάστηκα την ανάρτησή μου παραπάνω

γιατί χρειάζεστε το CarlinKit TBOX σε έξυπνη σύνδεση (MM21)

δεν υπάρχει πράσινη υποδοχή GV στην έξυπνη σύνδεση, δεν έχει καθόλου σύνδεση GV - Το GV χρησιμοποιείται μόνο για το εργοστασιακό δορυφορικό σύστημα πλοήγησης

το Touch2 έχει μόνο ενσύρματο AA/CP, ώστε να συνδέετε το CarlinKit TBOX μέσω usb

you mean I can't connect a wired car anymore in smart connect , so that's the worst since I use it more and it's convenient for me

(i using google translate  and the technical terms are not reading correctly)

You still have USB to connect a wired device to

ignore the green socket

Your car already has its own DCM

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, flash22 said:

Έχετε ακόμα USB για να συνδέσετε μια ενσύρματη συσκευή

αγνοήστε την πράσινη υποδοχή

Το αυτοκίνητό σας έχει ήδη το δικό του DCM

I understand that my device has 2 parts, if I change one to a newer one (smart connect), the second one that has the connection usb remains

I understood correctly?

No

The USB connects to the radio on the grey 4-pin  (the one you plug your phone into) on both the touch2 and smart connect

the white plug is a 2nd USB just for the DCM

• Like 1

I bought today a unit for 400 euros from Poland. The seller told me that it was from a car with 2000 km. I will put it in Mazda 2 hybrid. I hope everything is ok with the operation

On 5/13/2024 at 2:38 PM, takis1964 said:

543.png

Hi

Did this work.

Did your old unit have nav?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links