Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Insurance Quotes

AJS

Hello

Being a new member having just bought a SSII Import I had a huge amount of trouble over what insurance companies were quoting me. Initially they wante £1000's for it and I have full no claims. When I discused the issue with the providers they seemed to have everything registered as the GT4 turbo version which is why it was so much. Myself then my dealer who specializes in Celica Imports had to speak tothem to convince them it is a 2L non turbo did they relent and gave me a sub £500 quote. What is going on here can't car insurance people get their facts right????????

:blink:

Buy British???

What are you talking about I just bought a Toyota (and so have you if you own a GT4) so what is British about a japanese car maufacturer? Unless you believe that the profits go into British pockets then you are sadly mistaken. I bought an import as I get a much better speck and millage for my money. I could buy british;

Jag - German

Land Rover - German

Mini - German

So that leaves MG (hmmm enough said)

Even TVR is now owned by a Russian.

And yes you are right a SSII is not a GT4 how stupid of me or maybe you? hmmm.

Anyway any replies about INSURANCE will be welcombe.

Thanks

AJS

Original poster meant 'buy British' as in not an import.

All Celicas & MR2s were built in Japan of course.

And what's German about Jaguars????? They're owned by Ford.

sure all toyotas are made in japan.

the difference is is how they are imported and that the UK model is made for the UK too

the guy seems confused cos he has a uk celica , thinks its made in the uk too , easy mistake i suppose.

all mr2 and celicas were not all made in japan , where do you get your information from ???

Every Celica I've ever owned (gen6 & gen7) - all UK models, each had a sticker in the top corner of the windscreen saying "made in Japan" (as does the Lexus IS200).

Cars like the Corolla/Avensis/Yaris etc are made in Europe/UK. Not the MR2 or Celica.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links