Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Have you ever met anyone famous

Primus1

I’ve seen a couple of famous people 

those of you who used to follow BTCC in the good old days might remember James Thompson ( I think he won the championship) my BL used to build the Hondas, we were out one night and tommo bought us all a beer 

met jk Rowling at a Harry Potter book signing, got some strange looks in getting her to sign a couple of books as my son , who was about 7 or 8 at the time , was off school ill, and was too poorly to go.

saw John hanna ( the mummy films ) in Dartmouth a few years ago, we were looking at a lunch menu in a restaurant window and turned around and he was right behind us with his family…

what’s your claim to fame..?

• Like 2

DoE, DoY he gate crashed a private party.  Do they count?

• Haha 1

No, I try very hard to avoid them.

• Haha 3

When I was at secondary school, had a Saturday job at Tesco on provisions. Peter Glaze (Crackerjack) was doing panto in Brum, and he shopped in the same store. Served him bacon several times.

Back in the 90's I entered a competition on Top Gear Mag. Won a place for my partner in a Top Gear Ladies Day at Silverstone. Met Jason Plato.

Amongst other activities, my partner got taken around the circuit a couple of times by him - driving a Nissan 300ZX:

image.thumb.png.4b18166246835c8bb864a2de351d3d13.png

Also met Clarkson, who spent the day driving around in a second 300ZX ...

• Like 3

Met Alan Smith - Gunners & England striker during pre match at Highbury when I was a teenager. David Hayes - boxer at his fan greeting session at his gym in the vauxhall arches. 

• Like 1

When I was a teenager, (so a long time ago!), my late Mum used to be a very talented dressmaker and would design and make dresses etc., for lots of ladies. We would have been worth a fortune if Mum had charged what she was worth. 😃. Sorry, I digress. I quite often would deliver what Mum had created to said ladies for a tanner, or, if I was lucky, a shilling, (told you it was a long time ago). One Saturday afternoon, I delivered something to a lady who lived about 4 miles away. I knocked on the door and was totally gobsmacked when Roger Moore answered the door :shocking:

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, dannyboy413 said:

I delivered something to a lady who lived about 4 miles away. I knocked on the door and was totally gobsmacked when Roger Moore answered the door :shocking:

Always thought there was something dodgy about that fella.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Rhymes with Paris said:

Roger Moore answered the door

When he was married to Dorothy Squires, they lived in Sutton Coldfield - about 4 miles from where we are now.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, dannyboy413 said:

When I was a teenager, (so a long time ago!), my late Mum used to be a very talented dressmaker and would design and make dresses etc., for lots of ladies. We would have been worth a fortune if Mum had charged what she was worth. 😃. Sorry, I digress. I quite often would deliver what Mum had created to said ladies for a tanner, or, if I was lucky, a shilling, (told you it was a long time ago). One Saturday afternoon, I delivered something to a lady who lived about 4 miles away. I knocked on the door and was totally gobsmacked when Roger Moore answered the door :shocking:

We’re you shaken, but not stirred.?

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, Primus1 said:

No, think he was expecting to see p*ssy galore....

• Haha 4

Famous or infamous...

IMG-20160910-183640588.thumb.jpg.9123f8376dd4b11a08cc16db366284b4.jpg

• Like 5

I saw Cliff Mitchelmore in Oxford Street.  Those of a certain age will remember his face filling the 9 or 12 inch TV screen.

To my surprise his face was exactly that TV screen shaped.

Also Patrick Allen in Tottenham Court Road.  Trenchcoat over his shoulders as if on a coat hanger.  His expression was wonderful to behold.  It was a mixture of I don't want to be stopped and disappointment that he wasn't.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Tony Blair, Gloria de piero and David beckham in Afghanistan, guy Martin in a Shell garage on edge of cleethorpes 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, MC1216 said:

Famous or infamous...

IMG-20160910-183640588.thumb.jpg.9123f8376dd4b11a08cc16db366284b4.jpg

I'm very distantly related to her, but I never met her. As I spent most of my childhood growing up in a mining village in north Derbyshire I was careful who I told!

• Haha 2

Big Ron Atkinson, Tony Christie, Sue Pollard, Chris Biggins, Linda Lusardi, Brian Blessed, Frank Bruno - and many more. One of the "very minor perks" of being a photographer! 🙂

• Like 2

Met Ted Heath once.  Didn't wash my hand afterwards 

for 15 minutes or so

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I think I can claim to have “bumped into” a few celebrities over the years - mainly TV actors and stars in the music industry.  I have never been an autographed hunter or ‘pestered’ any of them with my presence.

They still need privacy when “off duty” so to speak, and are bound to be somewhere public in their everyday lives.  I reckon the best accolade we can give them is to allow them what little privacy their fame allows.

• Like 2

for all the oldies that remember Tom O'Connor, TV presenter (Name that tune), Comedian doing the clubs with Bernhard manning etc. 

I had a BBQ lunch around his house once.. got to see all his awards throughout his career and his sons awards as he was manager for All Saints and madness etc. at the time.

• Like 1

Back in the late 80's while working in Oman, Barry Hearn bought his "Snooker Room" Team out for some exhibition matches and some matches against the local talent. Myself and a couple of other of my workers who were snooker mad at that time organised it. Terry Griffiths, Steve Davis, Tony Meo and the rest (can't remember them all!). We all got very smashed at a barbecue courtesy of a  local Sheik's mansion in his pool one night! Great bunch of lads then and some awesome snooker was played also!!

Bumped into Jennifer Saunders (literally!) one day in a department store in Oxford Street (can't remember which one). SWMBO went weak at the knees when she realised who it was (one of her fangirls!) and became a bit speechless when she chatted small talk with her!

Met Queen Elizabeth and the Prince Phillip a long time ago up in Glasgow and finally, I used to work (indirectly) for Richard Branson who used to have a habit of popping by the office unannounced on a frequent basis... Nice guy to chat to (then)...

Damn! How could I forget my Rallying years!! Met dear "Uncle Albert", as Roger Clark was known in the community back then, he wasn't competing that year (1979) but gave some great talks in our Motor Club out in Dhekelia, Cyprus. One of our drivers was actually competing (Rothmans Cyprus International 1979) and we rubbed shoulders (and a few drinks after!) with Ari Vatanen & Dave Richards (the winners that year), Heiki Ohu & Toomas Deiner an up and coming Russian pair in a Lada 1600!! (how could I forget getting them going again up in the Troodos hills out of a stage). Kypros Kyprianou & Theo Vassiliades (local guys) did well to come 3rd that year also and they were regulars at our club.

Enough reminiscing I hear you cry!!! 🙃

• Like 4

Met Les Dawson once.  He was starring at the Theatre Royal in Lincoln and my daughter wanted an autograph. 

Les was first out (the pub was across the road). "You want my autograph " he said "No, I want Brian Kant" (Blue Peter)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

One of my ex bosses used to deliver papers to a lot of the carry on stars when he was a kid

my wife once served Ronnie barker when she used to work at fenwicks 

I once shook hands with princess Micheal of Kent 

• Like 2

My other claim to fame was polishing ALL the men's toilets for Princess Margaret, the walls and doors  were unpainted aluminium.  The result was you could see yourself wherever you looked.  It never occurred to us to lock off 3 or the 4.  Or as they did years later,  paint them.  We even had a false wall built to hide the urinals. 

Six years later I had to flush Princess Anne's toilet- the flush failed and there was a panic to get it fixed.  In the event she never went.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, Primus1 said:

More like shocked. I still enjoy watching the old 'Saint' episodes. I actually owned a Volvo P1800 at one time, although it was maroon in colour.

10 hours ago, Steve said:

for all the oldies that remember Tom O'Connor, TV presenter (Name that tune), Comedian doing the clubs with Bernhard manning etc. 

I had a BBQ lunch around his house once.. got to see all his awards throughout his career and his sons awards as he was manager for All Saints and madness etc. at the time.

Our neighbour is the spitting image of Tom o, Connor 

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Primus1 said:

Our neighbour is the spitting image of Tom o, Connor 

She’s a lovely woman too…

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links