Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Toyota Aygo 2010 sports model on Mountain terrain (Europe)

kiranChilledOut

Hi fellow Toyota lovers,

I purchased a used Aygo Sports model 2010 last year with only 70K km driven . I am very happy with the engine and power and easily able to overtake steadily at 120kmph .

I also did Netherlands to France last year and was surprised this car could be so good for even long drives. Now I need your help and experience if I will be able to do Mountain region with my Aygo with 2 person and basic luggage. I am thinking of Germany , Austria and Switzerland but I am worried if the car can go there? Any experience and advice is welcome .

Thanks in advance.

Kiran

Hi Kiran,while it might not be the most powerful car for mountainous terrain, it should be absolutely fine for a trip through Germany, Austria and Switzerland, especially considering you only have 2 people and basic luggage. The Aygo Sports likely has a 1.0L or 1.3L engine. These are known for being fuel efficient but not the most powerful. You might find steeper inclines a bit challenging, requiring lower gears and more throttle control.The Aygo isn't an SUV, so ground clearance might be lower than some other vehicles. Be cautious about very rough roads or unpaved areas. Stick to well maintained roads.Plan your route, avoid routes known for very steep inclines if possible. Look for major highways and scenic routes that cater to all types of vehicles.The lighter the car, the easier it will handle inclines.Gear down and maintain revs, On steeper inclines, anticipate needing to shift down to a lower gear to maintain momentum. Keep the revs a little higher than usual to give the engine enough power.Take it slow and enjoy the beautiful scenery. Mountain regions often have lower speed limits anyway, so you will  have plenty of time to appreciate the views.

Overall, with a little planning and adjustment, your Aygo Sports should be perfectly fine. Enjoy your trip. Hope this helps.:smile:

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Bper said:

Hi Kiran,while it might not be the most powerful car for mountainous terrain, it should be absolutely fine for a trip through Germany, Austria and Switzerland, especially considering you only have 2 people and basic luggage. The Aygo Sports likely has a 1.0L or 1.3L engine. These are known for being fuel efficient but not the most powerful. You might find steeper inclines a bit challenging, requiring lower gears and more throttle control.The Aygo isn't an SUV, so ground clearance might be lower than some other vehicles. Be cautious about very rough roads or unpaved areas. Stick to well maintained roads.Plan your route, avoid routes known for very steep inclines if possible. Look for major highways and scenic routes that cater to all types of vehicles.The lighter the car, the easier it will handle inclines.Gear down and maintain revs, On steeper inclines, anticipate needing to shift down to a lower gear to maintain momentum. Keep the revs a little higher than usual to give the engine enough power.Take it slow and enjoy the beautiful scenery. Mountain regions often have lower speed limits anyway, so you will  have plenty of time to appreciate the views.

Overall, with a little planning and adjustment, your Aygo Sports should be perfectly fine. Enjoy your trip. Hope this helps.:smile:

Wow this is so encouraging , thank you for your comment.

i have a 1.0 engine 🙂 . Ok im gonna plan the trip then. Thanks again

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links