Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Unknown button

Polivios

Hello everyone, i've had my Corolla hatcback for about a month,and i noticed a button that is not stated in the manual. Does anyone know its function? (the TV-C button)

440917268_2105277299839392_8293436321386578719_n.jpg

It's a JDM corolla i take it, it either a tv tuner or a camera switch

• Like 1

I have a (UK market) 24MY Corolla.   There is no such button on my car, which isn't a lot of help, I know!   On a UK spec model, the button between the auto high beam and the heated steering wheel is the ODO/TRIP select/reset button.

No surprise that it's not in the manual.   Perhaps a trip or phone call to a dealer?

31 minutes ago, SDR said:

I have a (UK market) 24MY Corolla.   There is no such button on my car, which isn't a lot of help, I know!   On a UK spec model, the button between the auto high beam and the heated steering wheel is the ODO/TRIP select/reset button.

No surprise that it's not in the manual.   Perhaps a trip or phone call to a dealer?

It's a JDM thing - Toyota call their front and rear cameras "Television cameras" so possibly TV-C - the car may have 360 or panoramic view

10 minutes ago, flash22 said:

It's a JDM thing - Toyota call their front and rear cameras "Television cameras" so possibly TV-C

So JDM Corollas get full 360 deg cameras?   It may be that top spec UK Corollas do too - I don't know (I am a mere peasant with the Icon/poverty spec!).

It did come with a front and rear dash cam,however i dont think that was from the factory,seemed like aftermarket,perhaps the button has to do with the 2 dash cams?

looks like it may be a dealer fit as I have found it on other models - just a case of having a play with it

2 minutes ago, Polivios said:

It did come with a front and rear dash cam,however i dont think that was from the factory,seemed like aftermarket,perhaps the button has to do with the 2 dash cams?

If the dash cams are aftermarket it would seem odd that there would be a button on the dash for them.   Unless, perhaps, the dash cams were professionally installed and the installer put the button in there in place of a pre-existing blank.   Looking at the photo again, the button does have a certain 'non-standard' look about it, so maybe that's the explanation.

This might be a silly question, but what (if anything) happens if you press the button?

I am gonna test it today and i will reply to this post!

Well i tested it and,nothing happened,just the button led lights on/off

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links