Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Excel vs Premiere Edition

ninanina

check on this forum as I think some people were having issues insuring the premiere edition as it could not be found. Then others were also getting silly prices on the premier edition compared to normal ones like the excel.

I have to say in my years of insuring cars I have always stayed away from either limited models or specials just as I had found when you get insurance quotes they are always higher in cost and also considering you have paid more for the car in the first place. This is why I went for the Excel as I did not see the massive advantage for the extra layout in cash and was concerned about extra insurance cost. The few extra like the HUD seemed cool but the Speakers to me made no difference as you should not be having them that loud that you are not able to hear what is going on around you as technically it could be a driving offence which I think would fall under driving without due care and attention. Likely hoods you getting pulled for it are slim to none but that was the justification in my head to not worry about 2 extra Speakers I would never really use 🙂

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, MardyMarvin said:

check on this forum as I think some people were having issues insuring the premiere edition as it could not be found. Then others were also getting silly prices on the premier edition compared to normal ones like the excel.

I have to say in my years of insuring cars I have always stayed away from either limited models or specials just as I had found when you get insurance quotes they are always higher in cost and also considering you have paid more for the car in the first place. This is why I went for the Excel as I did not see the massive advantage for the extra layout in cash and was concerned about extra insurance cost. The few extra like the HUD seemed cool but the speakers to me made no difference as you should not be having them that loud that you are not able to hear what is going on around you as technically it could be a driving offence which I think would fall under driving without due care and attention. Likely hoods you getting pulled for it are slim to none but that was the justification in my head to not worry about 2 extra speakers I would never really use 🙂

Good points 👍

• Like 1

Yeah we need to be a bit careful confusing the Cross and non-Cross!

The Normal non-Cross Yaris has never had and still doesn't have heated seats or steering wheel in the UK (But does for the lucky euro-zone ones :crybaby: ), but the Yaris Cross *does*

The insurance difficulties were due to a slight cock-up by Toyota UK and because the Premiere had only just arrived when they were trying to insure them; That should all be sorted now that those brave few have paved the way. Just one of the dangers of being an early adopter! :laugh: 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Cyker said:

Yeah we need to be a bit careful confusing the Cross and non-Cross!

The Normal non-Cross Yaris has never had and still doesn't have heated seats or steering wheel in the UK (But does for the lucky euro-zone ones :crybaby: ), but the Yaris Cross *does*

The insurance difficulties were due to a slight cock-up by Toyota UK and because the Premiere had only just arrived when they were trying to insure them; That should all be sorted now that those brave few have paved the way. Just one of the dangers of being an early adopter! :laugh:

Maybe this is a good example of maybe the Forum Moderators should think of splitting the Cross models from the normal models and giving them a category of their own ?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, MardyMarvin said:

I have to say in my years of insuring cars I have always stayed away from either limited models or specials just as I had found when you get insurance quotes they are always higher in cost and also considering you have paid more for the car in the first place. This is why I went for the Excel as I did not see the massive advantage for the extra layout in cash and was concerned about extra insurance cost. The few extra like the HUD seemed cool but the speakers to me made no difference as you should not be having them that loud that you are not able to hear what is going on around you as technically it could be a driving offence which I think would fall under driving without due care and attention. Likely hoods you getting pulled for it are slim to none but that was the justification in my head to not worry about 2 extra speakers I would never really use 🙂

Is the Premiere Edition considered a special/limited edition?  Does that mean it will only be available for a short time 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 152bobby said:

Maybe this is a good example of maybe the Forum Moderators should think of splitting the Cross models from the normal models and giving them a category of their own ?

Worth considering but probably wouldn't help since everyone would still post everywhere :laugh: 

There were early threads discussing specifically the Yaris or Yaris Cross and those still had a lot of cross-pollination and subsequent confusion. Even the Corolla and RAV4 forums aren't safe! :laugh: 

1 hour ago, ninanina said:

Is the Premiere Edition considered a special/limited edition?  Does that mean it will only be available for a short time 

I don't think it's a limited/special edition - I've not noticed anything saying it was a limited run like the original 'Launch Edition' trim (Which was basically a fully loaded Excel with puddle/footwell lights and red+black two-tone paint but weirdly missing the parking sensors)

In 🇵🇱 the Premiere Edition lasted 2 years, was available in 2020 and 2021 catalogues. Since 2022 it was replaced by GR Sport version. So it is kinda limited by production time and not by quantity 😉 but so are the other versions, like Selection Style which was dropped after the facelifting and now we have just "Style" version which doesn't include bi-tone anymore.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, ninanina said:

Yes, and often these are the best one to get. If me I will definitely get the premier edition if available. If not I will excel or gr . 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TonyHSD said:

Yes, and often these are the best one to get. If me I will definitely get the premier edition if available. If not I will excel or gr . 

Well I’ll be hopefully taking a trip to my local dealer very soon and just see what they have to look at and test drive 

Does anyone know where they make the Yaris these days? I’m guessing not Japan anymore 

2 minutes ago, ninanina said:

Well I’ll be hopefully taking a trip to my local dealer very soon and just see what they have to look at and test drive 

Does anyone know where they make the Yaris these days? I’m guessing not Japan anymore 

Yaris Cross is France I believe 

I wonder if the standard Yaris is also made in France 

I wouldn’t normally buy a French car but as it’s got Toyota/Japan behind it that’s ok

19 minutes ago, ninanina said:

I wonder if the standard Yaris is also made in France 

It is …..

Just now, Graham47 said:

It is …..

Thanks for the info Graham

They do make the Yaris (Non-Cross) in Japan but we don't get that one (Which I'm still upset about as, in addition to what we get, it has options for 360 degree cameras, self-parking and AWD!!! :drool: )

I think the Cross is only made in France but the normal Yaris is made in France and the Czech Republic now.

• Like 1

I wonder if RHD version is produced solely in Onnaing? It would make sense in terms of logistics. LHD is done there and in Kolin too. 

3 hours ago, hind said:

I wonder if RHD version is produced solely in Onnaing? It would make sense in terms of logistics. LHD is done there and in Kolin too. 

That would make sense given the proximity 

Factory tour:

• Like 1

15 hours ago, ninanina said:

Are you off today Bev make a day of it put your make up on have a good look round and have a test drive 

On 5/14/2024 at 6:36 PM, 152bobby said:

Sorry, I assume you must be talking about the brand new 24 premiere edition then, because I'm sitting in my 21 plate Yaris Cross Premiere Edition and looking at the heated seats switch and yes mine also has the lumber option on the driver's seat.  Surprised Toyota have dropped heated seats on the top level trim !!

....then you assumed wrongly. The standard Yaris was the subject...

On 5/14/2024 at 7:59 PM, Cyker said:

Indeed... Quotes are showing up for less than £500/yr for me now...

• Like 1

On 5/14/2024 at 10:27 PM, ninanina said:

In a word, yes.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, CPN said:

....then you assumed wrongly. The standard Yaris was the subject...

Ooh, I stand corrected.   I need to get into the habit when reading the posts in this section, when I see Yaris, it means Yaris and when I see Yaris Cross, it means Yaris Cross, I suppose I could also look at people's profile before replying.

I still think these two vehicles should be separated, but I do understand the points raised when this came up before.  I just personally think that all Cross models should be separate, now that they are popping up everywhere, but hey, I'm in the minority. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Countryside said:

Are you off today Bev make a day of it put your make up on have a good look round and have a test drive 

Unfortunately not today and the weather is awful anyway 

Hopefully within the next week I’ll be able to get to my dealer 

Don’t worry I always look respectable 😊

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

That’s good yes heavy rain here too today 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, CPN said:

Indeed... Quotes are showing up for less than £500/yr for me now...

When I called LV to change my car details from the Aygo X to the Yaris Cross Premiere Edition, they charged me £15 (possibly just a admin fee, not sure) and I noticed on the paperwork that come annual renewal in July, it states £320, but that may be the figure for the Aygo X.

I'll wait and see nearer the time.

• Like 1

Should I worry about the 12v Battery ‘issue’ in the Yaris?

My car is used regularly but what about when you leave it at the airport for a couple of weeks would that be long enough to flatten the Battery?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links