Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Excel vs Premiere Edition

ninanina

35 minutes ago, ninanina said:

Does anyone find the ride in the higher spec Yaris to be on the ‘firm’ side or is it just a good trade off for the agile handling?

Design 17” wheels tyres are the best combination for these cars. The 16” are also good. For the 18” definitely will be trade off and firmer ride. Handling wise, not much different. The ultra low profile tyres actually does not help between handling and cornering, you can see the real gr4 Yaris has chunkier tyres than gr sport hybrid. 🛞👌

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ninanina said:

Does anyone find the ride in the higher spec Yaris to be on the ‘firm’ side or is it just a good trade off for the agile handling?

well when I test drove the yaris before buying my excel it was not an excel model it was a lowest spec one that had a Key. Admittedly it was only a 30 min drive on the back roads but I really cant remember going "My god this excel ride is hard" when I got mine if that makes sense. 

Likewise 👍.
Even better once I’d lowered the tyre pressures from the ‘as supplied’ 39psi 😉

• Like 2

My Chr is now 3 weeks old it’s the basic icon trim in silver with gorgeous silver 17 inch wheels the ride is amazing and so quiet . I had test drive in Yaris design with the 16 inch wheels and ride wasn’t as good 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, MardyMarvin said:

well when I test drove the yaris before buying my excel it was not an excel model it was a lowest spec one that had a Key. Admittedly it was only a 30 min drive on the back roads but I really cant remember going "My god this excel ride is hard" when I got mine if that makes sense. 

Thanks for the info MardyMarvin

That makes a lot of sense. However I am still hoping that my dealer will have an Excel or Premiere version available for test drive 

1 hour ago, ninanina said:

Thanks for the info MardyMarvin

That makes a lot of sense. However I am still hoping that my dealer will have an Excel or Premiere version available for test drive 

Young Bev I’d say like my dealer it will be a design spec 

You are probably right young Michael 🙂

I will just see what they have and drive it, I hope it at least is the MY24 version 

It should be young Bev is your Toyota dealer far away ? Mines just 5 miles I’m going to call in for coffee this week as a lovely lady brings it and is very nice to talk to

• Like 1

I’m 58 going on 18 👍😊

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Countryside said:

It should be young Bev is your Toyota dealer far away ? Mines just 5 miles I’m going to call in for coffee this week as a lovely lady brings it and is very nice to talk to

My dealer is only about 7 miles from me. I know them pretty well as we’ve been taking our cars there for many years and did purchase a used Auris from them as well as my last Prius which came from the same group 

Our Toyota’s have included 2 Land Cruisers, 2 x Prius and one Auris 

So the next one will be Toyota number 6

Yes I like Toyota’s

If the test drive goes well it will also be the only new car I’ve had (apart from company cars)

I normally get my own coffee though as I like getting my own coffee ️!!

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Countryside said:

Young Bev I’d say like my dealer it will be a design spec 

I bought a design spec but the first of my test drives was in a 23 reg excel as it was just as they were changing over. Next was 24 reg GR sport with only a few miles on the clock. 
I’m still having problems with neck and arm pain when driving. Didn’t notice anything on the test drives and they were about a hour at least. Never had it in any car I’ve driven. Had a lot of hire cars too. Don’t know whether steering wheel is a bit stiffer than I’m used to or whether my old muscles and joints don’t like changing from my 7year old Nissan Note which was very comfortable. Is there anything different about the Yaris. 

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Sharnie70 said:

I bought a design spec but the first of my test drives was in a 23 reg excel as it was just as they were changing over. Next was 24 reg GR sport with only a few miles on the clock. 
I’m still having problems with neck and arm pain when driving. Didn’t notice anything on the test drives and they were about a hour at least. Never had it in any car I’ve driven. Had a lot of hire cars too. Don’t know whether steering wheel is a bit stiffer than I’m used to or whether my old muscles and joints don’t like changing from my 7year old Nissan Note which was very comfortable. Is there anything different about the Yaris. 

Toyota seats can be very trick to adjust properly and get into good comfortable driving position. 
The trick is lower the seat base more than you like usually. When lowering the seat base in all Toyota cars with manual seat adjustment the base changes it’s angle and back base, lower means lower back seat, higher means upper back base. All that makes a huge difference. 
Here my steps to adjust drivers seat

1. Lower to lowest settings 

2. Adjust distance from pedals 

3. Adjust height 

4. Adjust reclining 

5. Adjust headrest 

6 . Adjust steering wheel to match your seat pedals combination. 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Sharnie70 said:

How did you like the Excel compared to your Design spec Sharnie?

Shame about your neck and arm pain though.  When I last had a Yaris as a courtesy car I can’t remember having any problems getting comfortable in it and definitely didn’t feel like the steering was any harder to turn than my Prius is and found both cars really easy 

• Like 1

From Germany review 

57 minutes ago, ninanina said:

How did you like the Excel compared to your Design spec Sharnie?

Shame about your neck and arm pain though.  When I last had a Yaris as a courtesy car I can’t remember having any problems getting comfortable in it and definitely didn’t feel like the steering was any harder to turn than my Prius is and found both cars really easy 

I got the design with the safety pack so a lot of what I wanted came with that. I love the blind spot monitoring. In the excel I liked the lumbar support, the height adjust able passenger seat  - although my passenger isn’t bothered. I’ve had keyless entry and push button start before but now a bit worried about the safety aspect - but I did like it. I didn’t notice a lot of difference in the ride but maybe I’m not that observant. It’s definitely firmer than my Nissan note which was a lovely comfortable ride. It didn’t have adjustable lumbar support so thought I would be fine without one. I do have a problem with degeneration at the top of my neck and occasionally my joints flare up so I’m hoping that it’s just my body getting used to Toyota cars as my last 4 have been Nissan so similar. I love the Yaris- even though it’s a bit battered at the moment. I did have a Yaris hire car in fuerteventura years ago and was fine with that. 

• Like 1

Keyless entry on car from 2023 has sleep mode so should be no concern. Had a look on the price of Yaris design with safety pack is £22k, less 600 without. Price has gone up quite a bit from mine last year at £19k 

@Cyker maybe you can help out here, last week I saw a 73 Yaris which had led headlights, tinted rear windows, but.....with icon wheels??

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, Mojo1010 said:

Keyless entry on car from 2023 has sleep mode so should be no concern. Had a look on the price of Yaris design with safety pack is £22k, less 600 without. Price has gone up quite a bit from mine last year at £19k 

@Cyker maybe you can help out here, last week I saw a 73 Yaris which had led headlights, tinted rear windows, but.....with icon wheels??

£23545 list price for Design plus £600 for safety pack. Didn’t pay that though. 

12 minutes ago, Sharnie70 said:

£23545 list price for Design plus £600 for safety pack. Didn’t pay that though. 

Never pay list price. 

Screenshot_2024-05-20-17-59-10-623_com.android.chrome.thumb.jpg.9d6f09e447e955f4aef3ec7f33873685.jpg

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Mojo1010 said:

Never pay list price. 

Screenshot_2024-05-20-17-59-10-623_com.android.chrome.thumb.jpg.9d6f09e447e955f4aef3ec7f33873685.jpg

Yes I’ve been using Carwow to get the best prices but knowing what I’m like I will still haggle for an extra special deal 

The new car market isn’t very healthy at the moment apparently so I’m sure there are deals to be had 

• Like 5

True, gone up 2400 from when I placed my order over a year ago. New dash, an extra 1" on info hd screen and what else for that money? As well used car prices seem to be getting back to normal levels. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Mojo1010 said:

Maybe they did what I did! :laugh: 

Did you make sure it wasn't a Mazda? :naughty: 

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, Cyker said:

Maybe they did what I did! :laugh: 

Did you make sure it wasn't a Mazda? :naughty: 

You know what, you could be right about it being a Mazda Badge, I did not look at the Badge at all! It's just a Yaris to me and the whole world. Yeah it wouldn't make sense to change to icon wheels as it's the same size. Next time if I see it again will look for the Badge 🙂

• Haha 2

Neither has got the accessory I would like..........a cd player.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Chas G said:

cd player.

Using a computer with cd drive you can rip the albums into mp3 files and copy to the USB drive 🙂 should not take more than 1h and you will have your whole collection in you car but in much smaller form 🙂

10 hours ago, Mojo1010 said:

Keyless entry on car from 2023 has sleep mode so should be no concern.

With 9" multimedia you can no longer change that setting without Carista or Techstream. It was available with smaller screen units. I wonder if its in 10" one. Probably not

• Like 2

7 hours ago, hind said:

Using a computer with cd drive you can rip the albums into mp3 files and copy to the USB drive 🙂 should not take more than 1h and you will have your whole collection in you car but in much smaller form 🙂

With 9" multimedia you can no longer change that setting without Carista or Techstream. It was available with smaller screen units. I wonder if its in 10" one. Probably not

I very much miss a cd player even if they put it in the glovebox I have a usb stick but don’t know anyone with a cd drive computer I have a draw full of CDs would love to listen to the odd one in my new CHR would sound great with it being so quiet ! Would pay postage etc 

• Like 3

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links