Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

PCV Valve location

Versoverso36

Hello all,

I’m looking for the PCV valve location on my engine, the cars done 112,000 miles so would like to get this replaced. After researching for the past few days on YouTube, internet, eBay, forums and owners manual I can’t find the thing anywhere.

I’ve put a screenshot of my engine (1AD-FTV 2.0 D4D 2013) below if anyone could highlight where it could be that’d be great.

There is a hose coming from the plastic cover at the top right of the engine leading to the air intake, I believe it’s around there somewhere, perhaps I have to take off the plastic cover?

many thanks

CAB6C3AA-0083-43AA-BF2C-8EA56707E5F5.thumb.jpeg.2464de4954db2149fb0725329a0bd48e.jpeg

It is a diesel it doesn't have one, vacuum is generated by a cam-driven pump

• Like 1

Thank you for the reply. That explains why I can’t find it! There is a little bit of oil coming from that pipe to the intake, I thought that a valve may be stuck open and I don’t like the idea of oil going into the turbo.

Do you think it would worth sticking a catch can before intake or should I not worry?

Thanks 

On 5/21/2024 at 11:38 AM, Versoverso36 said:

Thank you for the reply. That explains why I can’t find it! There is a little bit of oil coming from that pipe to the intake, I thought that a valve may be stuck open and I don’t like the idea of oil going into the turbo.

Do you think it would worth sticking a catch can before intake or should I not worry?

Thanks 

That seems normal for most diesels and it won't harm the turbo in any way. 

On 5/21/2024 at 10:26 AM, Versoverso36 said:

Hello all,

I’m looking for the PCV valve location on my engine, the cars done 112,000 miles so would like to get this replaced. After researching for the past few days on YouTube, internet, eBay, forums and owners manual I can’t find the thing anywhere.

I’ve put a screenshot of my engine (1AD-FTV 2.0 D4D 2013) below if anyone could highlight where it could be that’d be great.

There is a hose coming from the plastic cover at the top right of the engine leading to the air intake, I believe it’s around there somewhere, perhaps I have to take off the plastic cover?

many thanks

CAB6C3AA-0083-43AA-BF2C-8EA56707E5F5.thumb.jpeg.2464de4954db2149fb0725329a0bd48e.jpeg

i think thats the one you are talking about it brings all the dirty oil gasses into the engine threw the air intake. my last car a vw group car 1.9tdi great car i might add i did away with that pcv pipe and ran it to the bottom of the car and the pipe going in i put on one of those small air filters on there so no dirty oily gases was getting into my car. tbh i have never did this to the toyota yet as i dont know whats the story will happen with this dpf but tbh its something i will do as anything i can do to keep the turbo etc clean will be a great job. plus i might add that when i did this and made my egr valve not work on my 1.9tdi i used my vw software vcds and went into values on the egr settings and turned them all down that put of the yellow light on my dash 

toyota.png

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links