Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Dash cam 380gw downloading new firmware

izzy rosco

Hello 

Has anyone else had a problem with downloading new firmware updates to your camera.?  After a year of use it suddenly didn't take the password. Turns out need to download the above. I gave up in end after endless to-ing and fro-ing with Nextbase support and have taken it to the garage whete I bought car and cam came with it. 

Is this something that will regularly need to be done on the cam. ? 

Thanks in advance.

Topic moved to the Aygo forum.

5 hours ago, izzy rosco said:

Hello 

Has anyone else had a problem with downloading new firmware updates to your camera.?  After a year of use it suddenly didn't take the password. Turns out need to download the above. I gave up in end after endless to-ing and fro-ing with nextbase support and have taken it to the garage whete I bought car and cam came with it. 

Is this something that will regularly need to be done on the cam. ? 

Thanks in advance.

I don't know your precise issue and only a vague recollection of mine. 

With my camera connected to my computer I was told there was an update but it would not download.   I think Nextbase did not give me advice that worked but I found the answer in their FAQ. 

You can reset the Dashcam by pulling it out of the mount and then finding the fiddly button behind the left side panel on the Dashcam.

Then the password is the default one.

Be aware that the 380GWX tends to silently fail, and won't do live recording and even protect a recording (because there's no recording going on).

This is not a firmware issue. Nextbase refuses to believe it is an issue and will pan it off on SD card problems.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links