Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

It Is With Regret .....

dannyboy413

..... that I am having to leave the Yaris Club thread - I am getting a new C-HR!  :clapping:. I placed the order with the dealer on 30th April and was told delivery would be in about three weeks. The dealer rang me this afternoon to say that it had arrived last night, so three weeks as stated. He said I could pick it up on or after Friday once they have fitted my 'extra' bits, so I have arranged to go and get it next Monday. I am calling it my birthday present to myself.  😀.

Okay, I will still visit the Yaris threads - and the others.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Hi David, Congratulations on picking up your new C-HR on Friday, let know what you think. :smile:

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

so I have arranged to go and get it next Monday

Will let you know - after Monday. 😉

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Happy birthday, hope you enjoy it! I'll be interesting to hear the comparison between the two!! Esp. if it's the CHR with the newer beefier drivetrain :naughty: 

But wow only three weeks - It feels like it wasn't that long ago people were waiting a year+ for their cars!! It's a good thing the supply chain seems to have mostly recovered!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Cyker said:

Happy birthday, hope you enjoy it! I'll be interesting to hear the comparison between the two!! Esp. if it's the CHR with the newer beefier drivetrain :naughty: 

But wow only three weeks - It feels like it wasn't that long ago people were waiting a year+ for their cars!! It's a good thing the supply chain seems to have mostly recovered!

Just saw an ad stating that the new CHR can be delivered within 4 weeks from point of order.  Changed days from the last couple of years.  Maybe this is a real sign that the motor industry is getting back to normality.

• Like 5

The Korean brand I work with has an average of 6 month wait. 

Maybe it’s just the Toyota Way. 

• Like 5

You scared the dickens out me when I read your heading Danny. "It is with Regret"

Congratulations on both your Birthday your new CHR. Keep in touch on your new Toyota.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Ordered my Chr icon in silver on 22 nd April dealer said June delivery I got it in two weeks ! I love it so quiet and the 17 inch all silver alloys give an amazing ride and mpg is amazing on motorway at 65 mph I get 74 mpg Best car ever had 

• Like 8

Thinking of getting a chr excel 2.0 used 70/71 plate when I need a bigger car. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Jimota said:

Just saw an ad stating that the new CHR can be delivered within 4 weeks from point of order.  Changed days from the last couple of years.  Maybe this is a real sign that the motor industry is getting back to normality.

The main reason is because it isn't selling well and that's why there are discounts of at least 7-9k on most models.

Prior to my RAV4 I had the previous C-HR, a 2L Design. I loved it, quick enough, could cruise up the hills on the A30 in Cornwall no problem, whilst easily getting 50mpg plus and even more on a run. I only changed it as after an accident as I needed something a bit easier to get into (I just slide into the RAV4) plus a bit roomier in the back. Priorities have now changed and I need something that my wife is happy to drive (she only drove the C-HR twice and won't have a go in the RAV4, apparently it's a bit bigger than her Toyota IQ) so are moving on to a Yaris Cross. 

• Like 2

I was going to get a Hybrid CH-R until I got my insurance reminder, I won't be bothering now, it seems that the insurance companies are really hammering Hybrids, so back to petrol me thinks.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, wildtapholer said:

I was going to get a Hybrid CH-R until I got my insurance reminder,

Insurance companies do have some strange ideas. As I mentioned in another thread, when I rang my insurance company to arrange the transfer from the Yaris Cross to the new C-HR, they said I would get a €23 refund!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

No, I’ve not seen any evidence that hybrids attract bigger premiums either.  I was dreading my premium renewal based on all the drama on these forums but when it came my top of the range Lexus wasn’t much different than the Yaris.  I was hearing “oh canbus, oh hybrid” etc.  Nothing of the sort.  Post code is a factor and occupation is another but Chinese whispers and drama queens don’t apply.  Incidentally, the cheapest occupation for insurance is lighthouse keeper.  I’m strapping a ruddy great flashing light to my chimney!

• Haha 5

Drama Queens indeed 😡, any more talk like that and I shall flounce out of the thread, leaving a trail of Chanel no5 and feathers from my boa behind me!

Still, I can see why it would be cheaper for a lighthouse keeper than for a drama queen.

• Haha 3

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links