Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

MoT Emissions Figures 1.2T

solero

My car just went for a recent MOT and passed with the Emissions figures below.

Its a 2016 1.2t cvt with 27k, serviced 3k/6 months ago, consuming no oil.

Should i be concerned about the particulates?

IMG_20240524_201553059.jpg

The HC (hydrocarbons) is high and there is a trace of CO (carbon monoxide).

First of all I'm going to say don't worry at all at this stage. It may simply be the engine (and cat) wasn't quite as hot as it could be but a pass is a pass and the examiner has no need to spend more time on it.

The independent I use always has MOT's as booked time slots and always says make sure the car is fully up to temperature before you drop it off. Your mileage is pretty low and I suspect it would benefit from a fairly hard fast run occasionally with some really hard acceleration and certainly to do that before dropping it off for an MOT. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mooly said:

The HC (hydrocarbons) is high and there is a trace of CO (carbon monoxide).

First of all I'm going to say don't worry at all at this stage. It may simply be the engine (and cat) wasn't quite as hot as it could be but a pass is a pass and the examiner has no need to spend more time on it.

The independent I use always has MOT's as booked time slots and always says make sure the car is fully up to temperature before you drop it off. Your mileage is pretty low and I suspect it would benefit from a fairly hard fast run occasionally with some really hard acceleration and certainly to do that before dropping it off for an MOT. 

Yes, garage was 5 minute drive from a cold start, but i did leave it idling for 10 mins whilst waiting. But you cant beat an italian tuneup. Will try next time.

It was my first mot with this car so cant compare figures as of yet. I am glad it passed advisory free.

• Like 3

Our old 21yr old Corolla passes with... just looking...

CO 0.000%, Lambda 1.016 and HC 7ppm

And my 2014 Auris which has covered 106k but had a new cat and sensors last year in response to oil burning (whcih I seem to be on top of at the moment having learned the conditions it does burn oil) come in at

CO 0.006%, Lambda 1.003 and HC 0 ppm

So don't worry, I'll bet it was just not up to temperature.

• Like 2

Just looking at my last emissions test for my Auris 2017 Auto 1.2T.45,000 miles.

CO-0.01

HC -6

Lambda -1.002

• Like 2

My post above should read '2010 Auris'. Why did I say 2014 lol.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

My 2010 Auris hybrid gets the Italian tune up every day, rarely needed to push to the floor but it is enough to accelerate to join motorway in moderate speed few times and then drive non stop for the next hour or more.
The car burns oil a lot now, the exhaust smell nice, I mean no smell at all and no smoke., it’s dark if you look or touch , used to be clean and rusty but now the car is rusted not the exhaust 😅  No problems with emissions or anything but the mot in uk does not test hybrids. 
On cars that doesn’t get properly used a few days before the test it is good to add a bottle of injector cleaner , do few motorway runs , few quick slow downs, and make sure engine is properly warmed up before get to the garage. 

• Like 3

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links