Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

ECO Mode - Can I keep on?

Jojobda

Hello. 2024 Yaris Cross Hybrid. Is there a way to keep ECO Mode on? I notice when I turn the car off, I have to put it back on by pressing the drive button. 

• Confused 1

Interesting 

• Like 1

I would say you can’t, it will be designed to default to normal, unless the dealer can change it, obviously I can’t give a definitive answer as I don’t know, somebody on here might, but is it any hassle to just push the button when you start the car?, I use auto hold every time I start the car, it’s just routine , I’m not sure if using eco mode makes much difference to economy anyway..

• Like 2

I just checked mine, it does stay on. But it's not a YC, just a normal Yaris😅

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, coreye9090 said:

I just checked mine, it does stay on. But it's not a YC, just a normal Yaris😅

Mine too. 

Only Power mode is not mantained  after restart.   Also my one is a Yaris ( MY20 )

• Like 3

Thanks everyone. Was just curious. Day 4 and I am enjoying my new car. Upgraded from a. 2013 Kia Rio. 

• Like 3

ah you may have to cycle the mode button a few times a few times, it should remember the last selection

iirc all it does is change the throttle response/position

• Like 2

Or these maybe possible  to set preferences with Carista or other diagnostic tools. 

18 hours ago, flash22 said:

ah you may have to cycle the mode button a few times a few times, it should remember the last selection

Maybe something has changed in MY24 ?

On 5/25/2024 at 9:22 PM, Jojobda said:

Hello. 2024 Yaris Cross Hybrid. Is there a way to keep ECO Mode on? I notice when I turn the car off, I have to put it back on by pressing the drive button. 

Its not really designed to be driven in ECO mode all the time it depends on various things as to which mode you drive in. Something must have changed in the Y24 Cross and my wifes Y23 Cross stays in the last mode if it was either eco or normal

and explain the modes for you

• Like 2

Understand everyone has a preference in terms of setup, though the YC with 116hp isn't going to be speeding anywhere, it's probably best to leave in normal mode. Eco isn't going to really save much fuel. 

I have the hatchback which is more nimble than the YC, don't even think about eco mode (my preference). If it was a 2.0 with 180+ hp then eco mode will be more of a function.

• Like 2

It doesn't really do anything to help save fuel, as if you're impatient you'll just press the pedal more and still end up using the same amount of fuel! :laugh: 

I like the Eco mode because it gives more low speed finesse - Makes it much easier to creep through traffic at low speed without overshooting or lagging. Mine remembers that it's in Eco so I never have to select it - I wouldn't use it if I had to turn it on every time I turned the car on!

• Like 3

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links