Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Parking Assist Malfunction

Shaun1958

Firstly, I would like to say hello to all members, I am new to this forum.

Secondly I have a problem with my parking sensors. When I start the car Parking assist malfunction comes up also the 2 picture signs Parking assist and PKSB.

I have tried to switch them on and off in the setting menu but the Parking assist which I assume is for the front ones is on constantly and you cannot turn it off. PKSB are off and you cant turn them on, I have tried to read the codes on an Autel and none come up.

All i can think is that either a fuse is blown or something to do with ecu that control the front and back sensor.

History of the vehicle it was involved in an accident which was my wife's fault, front end but repaired apart from the sensor issue. The lane assist works and so does the cruise control and the brake assist too.

I would be grateful for any assistance offered thank you in advance.

20240526_174107.jpg

Was the damage subject to an insurance claim? If so, it would be the insurer's responsibility to ensure the car was repaired to the same state it was in prior to the accident - ie. sensors working, etc.

• Like 1

If it hasn't been working since it was repaired, go back to your insurer (Or the repair company if you have their details and they seemed like decent folk) and book it in to be repaired - As Frosty says they're supposed to repair it back to its previous condition, and there is usually a guarantee of several years on the repair so if it fails prematurely as it has here, it should be covered.

Sorry my fault didnt mention we brought it back from the insurers because it was written off but needed a bumper and bonnet everything else was fine.

2 hours ago, Shaun1958 said:

Sorry my fault didnt mention we brought it back from the insurers because it was written off but needed a bumper and bonnet everything else was fine.

A 2021 car written off for a bumper and bonnet? I'm just a little bit amazed.

Yes I was also amazed that's why i brought it back.

• Like 1

They might have seen the sensors and radar and decided NOPE.

You'll need to determine if the sensors are damaged or just need recalibrating. If damaged, will need replacing, but they're quite modular so should be fairly easy to do. I don't think they need to be paired with the ECU. If calibration, I think that can be done with ODB2 tools, although usually they're self-calibrating so not sure about that...

Thank you for your help

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links