Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Auris hybrid horn replacement

TonyHSD

Hi everyone, 

my car’s horn been playing about  for few years now, sometimes works, sometimes it doesn’t, usually after car wash been ok but then in the dry weather stops working again been on and off until one day just completely stopped.
When pressed  on the steering wheel the horn was trying to sound but only some quiet clicks were produced so I thought it is a time for new horn. 
After some chat and discussion in Yaris forum Anchorman kindly presented me with his “old” ( brand new) original Toyota horn taken out from his Yaris Cross. I had received the horn today via post and fitted to the car. I managed to do the work without removing the front bumper. Just needed to remove few bolts and few plastic clips.  The wireless harness was a bit stuck but wd-40 silicone spray helped and then some wd-40 contact cleaner to clean the wire plug. The horn bolt was a bit hard to undo too, obviously the rust here is the enemy. 
The new horn from Yaris cross has slightly shorter fixing bracket but all went in place nicely and the wire was just about the right length. It’s all good now and I have working new horn from a Yaris cross , perhaps will gain extra  5mpg as a result 🤣

Once again Special Thanks to Anchorman for the horn 🙏

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Good job, Tony !

Few years ago I changed my horn, a beep-beep one, I swapped it with a pair of Bosch snail horns, not too loud but nice sound. At another car, I installed a pair of Hella horns recovered from a Passat, too loud tough...

Same as you, I managed to reach the horn removing the bumper grill only and I made an adapter harness in order to install a pair insteed an one piece. They are working well till now...

Screenshot_20240530-0806292.thumb.png.a234fd76890b39c745b0f4bb5cdda610.png

• Like 1

3 hours ago, tavy said:

Good job, Tony !

Few years ago I changed my horn, a beep-beep one, I swapped it with a pair of Bosch snail horns, not too loud but nice sound. At another car, I installed a pair of Hella horns recovered from a Passat, too loud tough...

Same as you, I managed to reach the horn removing the bumper grill only and I made an adapter harness in order to install a pair insteed an one piece. They are working well till now...

Screenshot_20240530-0806292.thumb.png.a234fd76890b39c745b0f4bb5cdda610.png

Thanks.
Doubles horns are better indeed, but I find the original horn good enough for me. I don’t like using it but sometimes I have to and it’s an mot failure if not working so it’s good now is working again. I am very reluctant to remove  bumpers or other panels as the car is old now rust ate all bolts and nuts, plastic clips are brittle and likely to have casualties. 

• Like 2

I'd really love to have those horns that sound like a train, not sure they are legal, but every now and then I wish I had it. 🙂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Good job Tony, glad you made use of it 👍

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, roks said:

I'd really love to have those horns that sound like a train, not sure they are legal, but every now and then I wish I had it. 🙂

A chap I used to know had those on his camper van. Quite impressive  😄

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, anchorman said:

Good job Tony, glad you made use of it 👍

And kudos to you for just letting him have it! I was half-expecting you to ransom it for intimate photos of... his Battery replacement job or something :naughty:  :laugh: 

• Haha 3

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links