Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Strange message on drivers display screen

Louie

A couple of days ago while driving a message appeared on my screen which  said " System total failure" with no other messages, prompts.or strange car behaviour.  Now being faced with this alarming message the question flashed through my mind, do i press the ejector seat button ? or just bail out of the car by stopping at an appropriate layby ? I decided to do none of these and carried on to my final destination where i turned the ignition on and off. Since then this message has not re-appeared. Anyone have any suggestions what exactly is going on with my Excel.

Hi, 

I thought you have swapped the Corolla for something else.
The message likely to be related  to the car safety system, something with the radar , sensors or just low 12v Battery. You may want to look cars owners manual for further information. 

• Like 1

stuff like this happens randomly if you start the car too fast or have low Battery. same was with my previous nissan, same is with my brand new toyota. obviosly manufacturers could not care less and giving heart attacks because of misleading warnings is favorable to them instead of investing extra 5$ into programming. dumbest **** ive go out of my toyota so far is "hybrid system total failure" message and car shut down after like 5sec of driving. this happened after using remote climate control and then getting into car and starting it without delay.

• Like 1

Blue screen of death.

What you did was reboot the system. 

If you had simply switched off and on it might have worked.  Who dare do that at 70 on the motorway?

Pulling into a layby could have dome it.  Would you risk it not starting?

My Merc reboot was switch off, get out, lock the car, wait 30seconds.  I found I didn't need to get out, just lock, not move to set off the alarm, and restart.

• Haha 1

Tony not just yet i am parting company with it late July while waiting for my VW which is currently being built in Portugal. I am an old VW fan from old but parted company with that make about 5 years ago because I fancied a change now going back. I really dont want to spend my time looking through 166 pages of Toyota blurb. I have a shortened 33 page version which i procured from this site but cant find anything relating to that problem. To be honest i have gone past the stage of taking any notice of silly in car messages including  the rubbish  MT app.

• Like 1

definitely a PICNIC

• Haha 2

16 hours ago, 2badmice said:

definitely a PICNIC

Hmm.   IME, standard response from IT Support Dept 😠

On reflection, I think that I would probably have more confidence in my new Corolla if I had never joined the owners club 🥺

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/7/2024 at 11:48 PM, SDR said:

Hmm.   IME, standard response from IT Support Dept 😠

On reflection, I think that I would probably have more confidence in my new Corolla if I had never joined the owners club 🥺

Take no notice of me, I am a nobody 

• Haha 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links