Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Brake Lights Off

chito_quintana

Hi everyone, need help here.

All my brake lights (lower and upper tailgate, side) would not turn on. Brake lights are supposed to operate even when the ignition is off, right? When I step on the pedal, ignition on or off, the lights would not turn on. Is this fuse-related, relay or some kind of a faulty switch in the brake pedal? The bulbs are all ok. Please help.

find the switch under the brake pedal and press it by hand and have someone watch , it may be loose and has fallen so the pedal aint hitting it no more , do the rear side lights work still though ?

Thanks, I guess that's the next thing to do. I checked the fuses and they are all fine. Although I really am not sure if the fuse labeled "STOP LAMP" is the one for the brake lights. The rear side lights and tailgate lights are all ok as well. Any other area I can look at in case the brake switch is ok? Are there relays or something that might be busted?

all the lights are wired on the fuses left to right and not front and rear , this is so that at night and a fuse blows you only lose 1 side of the cars lights and not the whole front or the whole rear , makes sence - yes !!! ,,, its probably just down to the switch under the pedal. :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links