Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Cat For G-ltd

Dave Harrison

Hi all,

Can anyone help me find a CAT for my MR2 ? Toyota want truck-loads of cash ! My car is an MR2 G-Ltd (import) 2.0L T-Bar, the CAT is knackered and I’m looking for advice from anyone. It’s a 1990 model Mk 2, if you have any advice or comments I would be very grateful.

Thanks in advance

Dave Harrison

:(

Obvious question is why replace the CAT ????

I have a '91 G-Limited T-Bar with de-cat pipe, due to it'sage and the fact that it is an import means you can quite happily get a de-cat pipe fitted and sail through the MOT :) :) :)

Sounds a lot nice, costs a lot less and adds that extra grin to your face.....

Out of interest how much did Toyota want for the CAT ??

Thanks for your reaply Rhaines... What, how and where do I get a de-cat pipe from ??? I was told by Toyota that it'll be £600 + VAT for the CAT and as there is a sensor feeding the engine management information, I couild not by-pass the CAT. It's all a tad confusing. Any more advice is very appreciated.

Cheers

D

p.s Have I replyed to the message correctly ? I shouldn't be allowed on the net !

£600 lol... ok a couple of options open to you depending on how much you want to spend.....

If you have a standard exhaust probably the best bet is to go for a Mongoose exhaust, if I recall correclty you can get backbox, twin 3" (I think) and de-cat pipe for a tad under £500 if I recall correctly.

The mongoose is superb on the 2, adds a really nice deep growling burble sound not to dissimilar to the TVR type sound and with the de-cat pipe allows more air to flow out of the engine so adds a little bit of power but helps with the responsiveness of the engine no end, great investment and you will never forget it, oh it's Stainless Steel as well so lasts.....

Other option get in contact with a mongoose supplier and just buy the de-cat pipe, a lot cheaper, and still helps....

IMHO go for a mongoose exhaust, cheaper than the Toyota CAT and you'll get a lot more benefit's from it....

• 3 weeks later...

Hey all, im brand new to this forum.

Im having the same problem with my cat. I just purchased a de-cat pipe from amber performance in luton for £60 but have not yet installed it due to the problem of not knowing what to do with the oxygen sensor. PLEASE HELP :(

You don't need to put the O2 sesnor anywhere, you can also remove it if you like :D

• 4 weeks later...
You don't need to put the O2 sesnor anywhere, you can also remove it if you like :D

I have had my Cat removed due to it coming away from the casting. However, since this has been done the battery/Exhaust dash lights appear. Could this just be the sensor relay being faulty on the Exhaust?

Will the OS sensor triggering off the the Battery and exhaust lights on my dash?

Cheers

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links