Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Cts

ROSS KELLY

"What you are saying is utter rubbish SKG,"

"For you to say the Civic is ugly well that’s debatable as I think both cars are very similar in looks but your welcome to your point of view just seems a little petty to start name calling others cars!"

Now who's the one to feel comfortable with other people's opinion?

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Nick-Johnson

• SKG

• bzn

• CTS03

Top Posters In This Topic

For crying out loud, you only have to read my previous posts & topics to see your argument about me always criticising Toyota dont hold water! So in that respect yes you are talking rubbish! :blink:

Discussion is now well off topic anyway!

Nick :thumbsup:

Hope this is not going to turn into another slagging match people <_< <_<

Edited by knowlson

All I have to say is that after my justified ( ;) ) blast ( :angry: ), Nick has got his lesson: In another topic in the Corolla forum - believe it or not - he posted nothing ( :yes::yes::yes: ) about his CTR!!!!!

Nick, are you still feeling ok or are you in front of your car's grill begging it for forgiveness?????

Well I own a cts and im glad nick told us about his cts problems.Thats why in Jan when i change my car im not getting another cts,Just think how much it would cost to repair the damage.Oh my cts is 3 years old in jan no more warranty.As far as im concerned carry on nick.Oh and if you want a fight i'll meet you by the school gates at 3.30pm

All I have to say is that after my justified ( ;) ) blast ( :angry: ), Nick has got his lesson: In another topic in the Corolla forum - believe it or not - he posted nothing ( :yes::yes::yes: ) about his CTR!!!!!

Nick, are you still feeling ok or are you in front of your car's grill begging it for forgiveness?????

SKG if you are relating to the topic posted by “Rolla Nutter” Should I buy another CTS which I believe you are, take a look at the annual mileage the guys doing for god sake!

If you were clocking up 80,000 miles on a 03 car in such short space of time it plainly obviously that you wouldn’t be wanting to be driving a Civic Type-R as it not built with that intension in mind hence the reason for me not recommending the car in this instance!

Not to sure if you have quite grasped the concept that some cars are more suited to different tasks than others! I am not saying in anyway shape or form the Civic is the best car in the world far from it, but I am beginning to wonder if you think your Corolla is the next world-beater! I have purely listed a few cars that I think would suite him, and you couldn’t help yourself once again!

Nick

Way to go SKG!

You frighened (or blasted?) the hell out of him!

Nick, I hope you will use the schools back door on his way home! Or else you might get hurt!

I am not saying in anyway shape or form the Civic is the best car in the world far from it, ....

Oh Nick, you are so objective! I wish I was also like you! :ffs:

Then I would go around the CTR forums and tell them, "well if you want to change your CTR don't buy a Corolla as I have done and you can very clearly see all the details in the bottom banner of my email, but of course never consider to buy another CTR when there are so many other beautiful cars around...." :crybaby::crybaby: . I just wonder what is the defintion of "objective" for you whan you just talk of subjective issues???? :blink::blink:

At least I think I am excused exaggerating some times in a forum dedicated to Corolla users!!!!!!

By the way, has your car forgiven you???? :D :D :D

• 7 months later...

TYPE R is quicker( after 70 mph) and sharper , but the compromise is a rock hard ride , low rent plastic dash , poor sound system and high noise levels.

Some are fine with that , some prefer the higher quality dash and added refinement.

Pay your money take your choice , both great cars :)

I have mates with both and they love them.

Well, I've had my new TS for 5 weeks now covering 1600 miles. No squeaks, rattles, or mechanical problems. I owned an 03 1.6 T3 before and I had more than a few problems with that (new dash,ignition barrel,gearbox bearings etc.) I cover 20K+ miles a year so the TS suits me fine, as I can set the climate control to a nice 20 deg, stick it in 6th gear and cruise along in comfort at motorway speeds, and take it for a B road blast if I want to. Most other 'hot hatches' won't let you do all of that. What I'm trying to point out is that you get a car that does what you want it too. After all, you wouldn't buy a Ferrari to cart round your 4 kids and shopping!!

Thought I would add in my two pence worth. My point of view about the CTS and its lack of recognition is simply the fact that toyota did not focus it towards a sporty drive, prefering to make it a comfertable car, suitable for everyday use and long journeys.

Perhaps they didnt want to make it as good as the celica as a driving machine as it could detract sales from the much prettier and considerably more expensive celica 190/T-sport, toyota themselves quote the identically geared and powered cars as having a 0-60 time 7.4 for the celica, and 8.4 for the corolla, and as far as i know the three door corolla's weight is virtually identical to a celica.

So to me it was obvious there intent was not to create a car to compete directly with the likes of a CTR for example, which is a shame, as the CTS has potential.

As a standard car the CTS simply does not compare as a drivers car when put along side the clio or CTR, both of which are much more focused drivers cars, the CTS with its soft suspension is not.

I had read all the reviews putting it down for the bad handling and lack of tourque, but that didnt put me off. The CTS has a superb engine and a good chassis, it doesnt carry over the rear wishbones from the celica, but there is nothing wrong with the torsion beam setup at the back, its doesnt weigh to much, and the only thing it looses to the celica is the toe control, something you dont need if you go for a good stiff setup like i did. Ask anyone who has fitted aftermarket coilovers such as the kw variant 2's and they will have a very different opinion of the handling.

Engine wise there is a fair amount of power left to be extracted from the 2zz-ge. It is possible with a good ecu tune, exhaust and intake that 210-220bhp can be seen, more importantly, as much as 10-15 ft/lb of tourque can be gained at different points in the midrange.

All this is fairly meaningless if you dont intend to modify your CTS, but the point i'm trying to make is that the lack of recognition, is due to the CTS not really deserving it in comparison to its competition in the hot hatch market, which in turn is due to the way toyota have left the car, my other point was it is really a great car if you are willing to modify it. It has as much potential as any of its competitors.

Hello, i am from Northern Ireland,and there are more Civic Type Rs on the road than T Sport Corollas.

Hey guys. Really agree with you all about CTS behaviour.

P.S. Six months ago you would have been expelled from this forum if you'd post positive feedback about CTS (see awful Nick-Johnson's reactions above)! Thank God time has passed and pragmatism has prevailed... :)

Nick,

Could you clarify one point for me.

You had your CTS for about 3 years with no major shunts, I remember reading your post shortly after purchasing your first CTR where you ended up in a ditch upside down or something similar.

Do you think you would have totalled your old CTS driving in the manner you were, or would the VSC have made any difference.

CT

I just read the whole of this thread - seems to have gone off-topic a fair bit.

Personally I'm glad the CTS isn't all that well known. One of the reasons I bought mine was because it wasn't a CTR!!

good points there cwthomson :thumbsup:

when nick johnson had his corolla tsport he couldn't of had it for three years more like a year or maybe a year and a half, then of course we all know he suddenly develop a fetish for the ctr :)

Fmrl you made a good point there too :thumbsup:

has anyone seen a spy shot of the suppose all new civil i almost p"%$ myself laungh .kekekekeke :D :D :D :D :D

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links