Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Help - Please! Major Dilemma

EpicierAnglais

Ok I hope you can help. I have a 95 BMW 325i coupe which I wish to exchange for a Celica. I have the choice of a 96 UK 1.8ST in excellent condition (metallic green) with 55k miles. Could be mine for £3600. The alternative is an imported 94 celica ss-2 sus in silver with only 35k miles for £4500.

What does anyone recommend. I know little of the import model and cant find anything to tell me about its performance etc. What do you think?

Appreciate your comments and experience of these vehicles.

THE SS2 FOR SURE , THE ST IS UNDERPOWERED IF ITS PERFORMANCE YOU ARE AFTER. LOOK HERE FOR ALL THE INFO YOU'LLL NEED. http://english.auto.vl.ru/catalog/

also are those prices with a trade in ???????

Many thanks for the reply. No the prices are for cash - I am trying to sell my BMW to enable me to put the cash into a Celica. The SS2 is a nicer looking car - just not knowing about the imports and anything I should look out for is what has thrown me.

Thanks for the help.

i got mine for £3500 nearly 2 years ago its a uk spec gt ,173 bhp model ,they are a bit slow through the gears due to the gearing ,so you have to flog em to get them to shift ,over 4000 rpm they fly.top speed in excess of 120 mph ,economy is reasonable 25 to 35 mpg depending on driving style.insurance on imports can be a pain in the butt also.parts can be expensive but you usually dont have to buy any .very well built motor , very reliable ,comfortable ,lower it and wide alloys and its like driving a go-cart.imports are restricted to 112 mph but can easily be unrestricted for less than £50 also they need to be run on super unleaded. you also get the gen 6 looks which are very sexy and get you noticed for sure.

good luck in your purchase. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

You should try getting insurance quotes for these cars first.

ST is group 12, UK GT is group 15 (there for import would probably be classed as 17 or so).

I owned a couple of SR's (ST with bodykit), and thought they were pretty nippy - depends what you're used to really.

chocka just how small is your car lmao is it a tonka toy . :lol::lol:

the ss2 will still seem slightly underpowered to the 325 i think :!Removed!:

chocka just how small is your car lmao is it a tonka toy . :lol::lol:

Woooooooops, been messing with the photo to reduce its size so I could post it to another site, didn't realise it would do that. :eek: .......will have to try again :crybaby:

the ss2 will still seem slightly underpowered to the 325 i think :!Removed!:

1/4 mile on a SS2 and 325 is very similar.

Had this argument with brother cos he's got a 328... i reckon mine would keep up at least after driving his :P

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links