Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Lowering Springs

LORD_ED

im just about to take delivery of my Tein lowering springs for my st202 what will the be like to fit?? and any advice i will need on them

cheers ed

invest in or borrow a set of spring compressors, they are vital for removing the old springs safely.

You may not need them to put the new ones on as they will be shorter.

If your mechanicaly minded this wont be a hard job and should take no more than 2-3 hours

I think someone has done a "how to" guide on here actually...

Good luck :thumbsup:

the hardest part is removing the rear link arms , can be a pain in the ar*e ,apart from that its pretty easy . :thumbsup::thumbsup: you dont really need compressors ,crack the top nut whilst the leg is on the car ,once the leg is removed use a long extention and socket and turn the nut slowly holding leg against a wall,it only pops the top off with a small recoil ,nothing to blow your head off.when refitting make sure you line the top up with the grooves on the shocker .

took me 3 hours on a rusty job , 2 hours on a clean new car. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Loosen the tie links for the anti roll bars... remove either from antroll bar or other side if that makes sense. This allows you to pull the suspension arm lower down. remove undo the top bit which holds the springs to the shocks whilst the car is on the ground. jack the car up again and whalla no need for spring compressors.

Takes about 30 mins to do one side if you know what your doing.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links