Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Yaris / Vitz Ice

Half_Pint

Ok basically i'm going out to buy meself some top ice for a yaris....thing is i havnt got the yaris yet (actually its a vitz).

Here's what i'm lookin for: speaker sizes of the front/back Speakers (that is if there is space for back speakers)

I plan to have a set of pioneer 6x9's a rockford subwoofer and i've now just got to sort out the front and rear door Speakers.

If anyone has the specs and sizes of the factory Speakers or any suggestions and advice it would be much appreciated.

Also about fitting a sony cd player in the dashboard....how hard would that be?

thanks

Hi HP!

Front Speakers can be as easy or as hard as you make it - a set of 5.25 coaxials will slot in very easily with simple home made mdf spacers and will give you a good all round sound without having to worry about mounting seperate tweeters.

The rear Speakers are a doddle as the only real location in the rear is the parcel shelf - so size is not an issue - the standard molded parcel shelf will take anything upto a 6x9 in the recess areas at each side - you should dynamat the bottom of the shelf and recarpet the whole thing with carpet.

If you plan to put a decent woofer in the boot I would nt use 6x9's - these are great for mid bass but will be over powering and will take away focus from the front of the car - I would install a large set of componants in the rear shelf 6.25" driver with either coaxial or seperate tweeters - all you really want here is top notch rear fill - the main focus wants to be from the front - so put your budget here.

The Rockford Subs are very powerfull woofers, depending on what sort of music you are going to listen too I would be inclined to listen to some others as you may find that other manufacturers produce more musical sounding woofers.

As for the sony CD player - any single DIN head unit will fit in the Yaris Dash.

Cheers

Steve.

hi steve... your reply much appreciated. however i've heard the difference between component set's and coaxial Speakers, and component are MUCH clearer and sound better.

so i'm installing a set of 4" kenwood components up front. tweeter mounting shouldnt be a problem for me. set of pioneer 6x9's on the back shelf. they are 4-way Speakers so they give great highs so they should go great in the back. I've already tried them out.

And i'm set on a rockford sub for that particular reason, that its powerfull...

basically i'm a basshead. hehe

if there is a kind soul with nothing better to do or who already knows this please help out.... i need the dimensions of the yaris boot. depth, height, and width. also the angle of the back seat if possible.

would be much appreciated.

as for the head unit, would this be a problem? i've already installed the sony unit in an older car which i drive at the moment, i had no problems doing so. should i encounter any abnormal problems? how about mounting it, by the looks of it it wont just fit in as normal.

any additional info would be much appreciated.

cheers steve for the reply

The attached file was from my designs for my boot install - hope this helps - this is a side profile, I cant find my rear profile but the width of the boot floor at its narrowest point is 97 cm.

Cheers.

Steve.

post-19-1051522867.jpg

brilliant dude.... thanks alot.

now i can start designing/making my subwoofer enclosure.

thanks again....you're a star

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links