Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Ecclestone Slates Silverstone

sera_beetle

this is very sad :(

however i have always gone to belgium as its cheeper :thumbsup:

yeah, it is really a shame, Silverstone was a drivers circuit - but i guess Bernie wanted to get rid of it, and seemed to do everything he could to close it down.

is brands hatch still the new proposed UK venue aswell? :!Removed!:

Bernie is a money grabbing git :angry:

He got a bit upset when Silverstone "flooded" in 2000 and has had a thing again the venue since, despite the efforts of track owners/managers to continueously improve things :angry:

I reckon if there is ever going to be anoth British GP it will on the streets of London - the reasoning for the trial earlier on. This should be good, but he should never have dissed and cut Silverstone for 2k4 :angry:

I don't think I will bother making an effort to watch F1 any more...

here here :thumbsup:

If none of the brits watched it then they would notice a big loss in profits :thumbsup:

The FIA is a joke.

Did you know that the reason they banned turbos in the 80s was that it cost to much for the smaller teams to develop turbo engines??

Even though it actually cost MORE to get equivelant power out of n/a/ engines and stay competative!

All we can hope now is that the big player say enough is enough, and break away, and someone takes the incentive to start a new league? (F-zero lol) that brings F1 back to the "good old days"

turbos, big slicks..... etc etc

Next year there is a new "league" begining called A1.

It's where basically everyone will have the identical car with the same chassis and engines. It will proove driver skill over throwing a lot of money at the cars B)

Something to look forward to at least.

We had a 80's F1 engine at our Uni, small lump with a massive Turbo attached :thumbsup:

Silverstone has announced that if they dont get the GP this year, then they Will have it back for 2006.

Even though i've still expressed my feelings to the FIA, And I certainly wont be going to Belgium next year. :angry:

i thought uk was gona have the race in london ?? didnt they drive4 the cars thru london town a wile back this year. I may be really miss informed but im sure i heard summin 2 tht effect. :blink:

turbos, big slicks..... etc etc

hear hear

and ban driver aids like traction control and the ability to tinker with the ECU when the cars racing :eek:

proper manual gear box's! no poxy preprogrammed computer controlled autospastics

thatll sort the wheat from the chaff

F1 has been getting a bit dull...except for China. So, the combination of tedium and no British Grand Prix means we won't be watching any more.

I'm going to let ITV F1 know I won't be watching. Ultimately they will loose advertising revenue. Maybe they can bring pressure to bear. Who knows?

You can contact them at http://www.itv-f1.com/ContactUs.aspx

Guess what? No email address for the FIA!

F1 bores me stiff anyway !

as far as 4 wheels goes BTCC is by far the best racing on the TV at the moment.

BUT.....World Superbikes will always be the most exciting motorsport.

Rich

I also find it particularly ironic that he is scrapping silverstone, as thats where he started off!! His dad owned a car dealership oppersite my uncle's, he used it to buy cheap car parts etc to race cortinas around silverstone, he started organising race meets, and built up from there....

It would have made you think he would have a soft spot for it!!!

I also find it particularly ironic that he is scrapping silverstone, as thats where he started off!! His dad owned a car dealership oppersite my uncle's, he used it to buy cheap car parts etc to race cortinas around silverstone, he started organising race meets, and built up from there....

It would have made you think he would have a soft spot for it!!!

He's a business man at the end of the day.

I've heard he might re-instate it, but at a later date, which conviently will let him get one last Tobacco sponsored GP before the World ban :rolleyes:

(not sure how true that info is though)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links