Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Induction Kits

Ken555

I can get K & N induction kits 57-0324 at around £85.00, delivered, so was wondering if this was the best kit to go for, or should I go for one of the Japanese products ( I run a Blitz on my other car).

I have the K&N on mine and find it to be a good bit off kit, it does its job well and gives a good bit of performance coupled witha De-Cat, personaly i would rather get a K&N or Apexi as they filter well , blitz ,hks and other stainless steel filters may sound good and give an extra 1 or 2 hp over the K&N but they dont filter the air very well and let's face it you wont feel an extra 1 or 2 hp ..

Thats my 2p for the day lol

its very easy m8 , theres nothing stopping you getting to it . took the guy in kwik fit less that 10 mins to fit mines :D

Only reason i got the guy in kwik fit to put in on was that the bolts needed melted off , will change it myself the next time :D

i think the grunt from the blitz stainless is priceless, especially when all the valves are opened up

I've got the 57 0324 and a de cat pipe and they are very good together. I've not come round to changing the de cat pipe yet but as new bolts have been put on I can't see a problem in doing it myself & i'm no expert! :) & I got the 57 0324 as a gift but as far as I no £85 sounds like a good price.

just got mine decat the ol fasioned way h etook th ecat of and welded on a piec of stainless it cost me £20 and he will charge me £10 to put it back for mot baragin.

to get best result from celica filter wise u really need to move Battery so it can get some air flow to it till i move mine i have ordered a Blitz performance filter element to go into existing box at £33 from fensport which in my opinion is the most sensible option filter wise

Funny you should say that, I teach computing at a college, where they also teach motor mechanics, metal fabrication, welding, & etc. Hence the goodish price on the K & N ;)

I was looking for a picture of a decat in place so I could get them to make some thing up in Stainless Steel. Might just get them to remove the existing cat and measure that up.

all my boy did was remove the cat get a pieces o stainless and welded it in its bout 18inches of stainless pipe random fact

you dont get new bolts from tune a car , i got some for like 50p each at my local motor shop, they are 17mm heads so withstand some weather and rust from mot to mot. some gaskets may be needed also as mine didnt fit flush and was blowing a little bit even with putty on. if you want to know the size ken , just research a new cat for the car , the sizes will accompany that .i'm sure of it.changing them over is a 30 minute job once its swapped the first time.

https://sslrelay.com/buypartsby.co.uk/cat_d...p?recordID=1215

Edited by maleborn1967

and welded it in its bout 18inches of stainless pipe random fact

All good, but how easy is it to swop over at MOT time? Someone has given me the offer of having that done for mine too, just wondering if it'll be a lot less hassle in the long run buying the tuneacar one with the bolts?

it depends on who u know the guys who work on my cars look after me i can take it down there and in twenty minutes will have the cat back on all deends on who u know

Have'nt had to touch my exhaust yet :D , touch wood :blink:

When i had me Astra i done a lot of fiddling with the exhaust and came to the conclusion that it is best to use the old bolts again unless they are very worn. When using new bolts, after a few winter months and trying to get them out while they have rusted was a nightmare ruining the exhausts threads, and once breaking off (not the bolt).

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links