Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Parkers Review Of 6th Gen

cookci

had the same engine in an MR2 and I've driven a few Gen6's .. and they are not *that* quick.

The GT4 is the only real contender ..

The others are very good looking and spacious coupes ..

I agree the gearing isnt the best but once u have mastered it then its quite easy to make them fly, if doing 50 and u want to punch it i find a quick drop to second does the trick then all the way to 65 hit 3rd then when the needle touch's 100mph (a baw hair from fuel cut off) hit forth :D , i think the its fair to say keep the revs above 3000 rpm to get the most out off it at any given time ..

Those figures are going by my speedo readings so before i get flaimed remember speedos arent that acurate :D

As for Civic type r's wtf :eek: they look like mpv's , u wouldnat catch me thinking i was mr cool if i was driving one there just not nice looking , they do have a good engine but that still doesnt make up the fact that there god dam ugly plus there as common as ford focas's now ..

seems a bit of a waste putting a good engine in a car that looks more at home parked on your grannys drive lol

na sounds kinda the same as mine, you got to work the engine, but thats what makes it fun to drive am i right? B)

Just going back to the gearing bit, when I first got mine I noticed when going from red line in second gear to third gear it took a second to pick up but since havin a decat & induction kit it picks up a lot better. :thumbsup:

good read! sounds like they took a few for a drive not just sat in it and thought i'd prefer to be in a slippers, smoking a pipe, like parkers guide guy did! seriously has the man no soul...... :lol:

guys whilst we're here, umm how do add pics of ya car tried but kept haven a nightmare??? feel a bit of d*ck asking...... :crybaby:

p.s. have you noticed a lack in mpg since any of you have de-catted and induction kitted your car, guess there will be a bit, but how much? cos i'm doing mine soon.... :ph34r:

I don't no about adding pics cos i've not done it myself. :blink: But adding the decat and induction kit doesn't make much difference to fuel consumption. I think i might be gettin about 20 miles less from a tank, but have only filled it a few times and am not too sure. Also i've heard that just adding the decat can increase fuel consumption. :thumbsup:

ok i'm gonna give it ago any how just thought i'd aske before i'd have to start a towing a Shell opitmax tanker behind me!!! :!Removed!:

get the superchip icon for th ecar picks her up a treat power from 3k instead of 4.5 k also just got mine deact today and it makes a difference to the car will find out for sure on sunday

ed

cheers dude,

opitmax is the way to go really felt the difference in my corrola with opitmax, smoothed out all the flat spots.......... :hokus-pokus:

when i fitted the De Cat and K&N the mpg went down by a good bit but that was only because i was playing with my new toys lol, normal driving iv found that the mpg has impoved but not by much but every little counts :D

Think I read that version of the parkers guide, when looking for cars, didn't put us off in anyway, as the car isn't designed as an all out sports car.

I'm going thru a quick learning curve with my wifes car.

I'm used to holding 7000 rpm in first at the lights, then side stepping the clutch.

2 Gear changes and 4.5 seconds later, I'm at 60 mph in my motor.

Still havent found the fastest start method with the Celica. But have found how to leave roundabouts at 45 degrees to the direction of travel. ;) Understeer city !

But we were looking for a car that could commute to work along a B road, do more than 9mpg, and have a clutch you could use in city traffic.

I'm used to holding 7000 rpm in first at the lights, then side stepping the clutch.

2 Gear changes and 4.5 seconds later, I'm at 60 mph in my motor.

sorry being stupid side stepping the clutch? and thought you would have massive wheel spin @ 7000 rpm, unless you've got 4wd or traction control, explain. most likely doing it but don't knoew the technical term for it..... :eek:

sorry being stupid side stepping the clutch? and thought you would have massive wheel spin @ 7000 rpm, unless you've got 4wd or traction control, explain. most likely doing it but don't knoew the technical term for it.....      :eek:

Side stepping the clutch means just slipping your foot off sideways. I said in my own car, it has 4WD, we need the slight wheelspin it gives to protect the clutch. We also need to hold it at 7000rpm for a second to let the boost come on full.

Not me, but you get the idea

Don't think I would try it in the Celica.

superchip how much?  :drool:

superchip icon from fensport is £200 but become a toc gold member and get it for £180

sounds like it gives you the boost the import already has :P

mine already needs 100 RON fuel so i dont think ill advance the ignition any further!!

Why dont you just turn the distributer? i know its not a curve but i bet you could get 5BHP from turning the dissy rather than 8BHP for £200!

Assuming it does turn...?

i wouldnt worry, parkers is *****, most traders use glasses guide as a reference

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links