Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

****KITT**** Returns

Calisto

:crybaby: Yes you did mate within six hours of getting her back the bottom end went :crybaby: :( :angry:

So I bought another engine from Fensport :rolleyes: and it was delivered today should be in for next week.

This is her final chance......... if this all goes tits up then thats it, I am getting the bus and bye bye Toyota :help:

What a total bugger. Hope you got your money refunded from the other..... er dealer. At least Fennies wont have sold you a dud. :thumbsup:

awww that sux , aint life a byitch at times. i sure hope you got your money back from that other place.usually get 30 days at least guarantee.pop up north with 3k you can have mine .

• 2 weeks later...

Right lastest update.

KITT rolled of the ramp at 6pm last Friday with the new Fensport engine and the new K and N filtter on. Sounds lovely.

Took a gentle drive on Fri night up to Teeside <_< no probelms at all.

over the weekend and after a couple of little trips out I noticed she was over heating, filled her up and still over heating :(

oh yeah KITT needed to be jump started in the mornings. :(

So now I am back in Rochdale........... KITT is back in the garage and hopefully being fixed.

oh... oh... she had a MOT re-test and passed. :thumbsup:

I get her back later this evening so will keep you posted :thumbsup:

How much did Fensport charge fora new engine???? :blink:

Mines going in soon.... not driven my car properly for a yeara and a half now :crybaby:

How much did Fensport charge fora new engine???? :blink:

Mines going in soon.... not driven my car properly for a yeara and a half now :crybaby:

Fennies charged about £625 for a 3S-GE engine :wacko::thumbsup: including a GOLD discount. :yes:

ash did the new lump come wit knock sensor?

lol she has got her new MOT :D

BUT there could be a blockage in the pipes connecting to the rad.

at least there is not a problem with the head gasket :rolleyes:

she is spouting boiling hot water out of the rad (when the cap is taken of) and it is a nice brown colour. :shutit:

any ideas????

You have airlocks me dear. The best way is to totally empty out your water on then start pouring it in with the engine running. Then leave the radiator cap of for a while to let it settle down. Oh and dont forget the anti -freeze lol :thumbsup:

some places seal the hose pipe to the rad, so when the water is turned on, it forces the water through the system ..

lol she has got her new MOT :D

BUT there could be a blockage in the pipes connecting to the rad.

at least there is not a problem with the head gasket :rolleyes:

she is spouting boiling hot water out of the rad (when the cap is taken of) and it is a nice brown colour. :!Removed!:

any ideas????

sounds like head gasket failure though im afriad :crybaby:

pressuring the coolant... overflows from the resorviour and blows gas forever when you blead it.

hope its not that though :(

You have airlocks me dear. The best way is to totally empty out your water on then start pouring it in with the engine running. Then leave the radiator cap of for a while to let it settle down. Oh and dont forget the anti -freeze lol :thumbsup:

lets hope its that and that when the gas is bled it wont come back :thumbsup:

lol thanks mate but tbh he has done an emmisions sp??? test from the rad and there is no indication of.... fluck cant remember :lol: but it wasnt there anyway. :thumbsup:

he is having a more indepth look tomorrow and I really hope its not the head gasket :crybaby:

brown water is a sure sign of an uncared for engine , but not to say it cant be saved with care now with the correct toyota engine coolant added to it.i hope to god it dont go !Removed! up for you again , you must be reet p***ed off by now. good luck anyhow. :thumbsup:

Pipe blockages :blink: , shes been flushed out and had a new Battery put on :thumbsup: and she is running to perfection.

Its good to have her back and running like she used to :group-cuddles:

its cost a few thousand and I could have bought a GT4 BUT its been an experience, I have learned alot and I now understand how engines work. :thumbsup: <_<

Ash.

its cost a few thousand and I could have bought a GT4 BUT its been an experience, I have learned alot and I now understand how engines work.

I`m glad you do. It`s still a mystery to me at times. :lol:

Seriously tho. I hope she stays good for you. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

once a week , under the bonnet my lady checking , more is better , enjoy her once more. :thumbsup:

changing a like for like lump should not really take more than a day with correct kit around you.

Me and mate swapped my lump in the 200 took a day as long as u prep it up an dknow whta u unplug from wher eto wher eull be fine (use a digi cam and take pics of everything)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links