Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

I'm New/help!

martinhuds

Hi, I'm new around here and would appreciate anyones advice and opinions. After having my SR written off a few weeks ago I took the plunge and bought an 18 month old T Sport through a dealer.Warranty, bullet proof reputation etc made me think I couldn't go wrong.

Less than 24 hours after picking up the new car and being really impressed with it's sharpness and "lift" it went badly wrong when the oil pump packed up at about 70mph resulting in the flywheel shearing,bent valves and god knows what else. I'm not that mechanicaly minded so am not sure of the full consequences of this. Several wrangles with the dealer later I'm now in the position that they will put a new engine under warranty or I can demand they find me a different similar car. I'm inclined towards the different car option as I feel like they've sold me a bad 'un, but is the new engine option actualy the better deal?

Thanks for your help. :help:

Thanks Cookci, yes that's my feeling too, however apparently the new engine block comes blank and is then stamped with the old engine number. I suppose the dilema comes at resale when I'd feel obliged to spill the beans.

Thanks for the replies, been good to get some proper unbiased view points. I'm meeting up with the dealer later this week, so fingers crossed for a good result as I'm now pootling about in a hire car! :rolleyes:

Thanks for the replies, been good to get some proper unbiased view points. I'm meeting up with the dealer later this week, so fingers crossed for a good result as I'm now pootling about in a hire car! :rolleyes:

i presume they were saying get a new engine!... :rolleyes:

Too right Fizz, "it'll be just like a new car" etc etc! :wacko:

yeah.. reason they are saying that is cos the resale value has gone down .. and they want to leave that with you...

if they give you another car they loose monies.. Stick to your guns bud! :thumbsup:

New car anyday, I wouldn't trust the mechanics to install a new engine to the same 'quality' of workmanship as a car fresh from the production line.

I didn't think Friday specials existed these days but it looks like you had one there mate, best of luck.

Chris

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links